New Motorhome-Area in Spain, Costa Blanca

patricio

Hi John and Sandy,

The area lies between Albir and Alfaz del Pi, the adress is Cami dels Alguers nº 79,

this is a link for google maps:

http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=es&msa=0&msid=112365920558966679988.0000011348aa92a06ff47&ll=38.579641,-0.075746&spn=0.030865,0.076389&z=14&om=1

Copy and paste all this in your browser and you have the plan to the area.

Opening will be in the month of August.

Feel welcome to come and have a look at the works.

Saludos

Patricio

:-D Muchas Gracias patricio. We are back in the UK at the moment. Our Motorhome is parked in the new Camping 'Almafra'. We will be back in Spain sometime in September. We will be sure to look at the completed Motorhome area when we arrive. Is there a limit on the length of stay? What are the costs going to be? It would be more profitable if there were room for 400. (lol) (lol) (lol)

B-) I know where it is now.

Hi John and Sandy,

We have not yet decided on a limit of stay, this will also depend on the autorization of the Local Council as the project is presented as a overnight motorhome parking and not a campingsite. We will see what we can do.

Prices (to be confirmed by opening) will be 10€/day all in exept electricity this will be 2€/day and hot shower 1€/person. (Prices include VAT)

Hope to meet you in September, come and have a look first because I see you have a very big motorhome.

Saludos

Patricio

Hi again,

The acces road is ok for normal motorhomes up to 9 meters lenght and 2,5 meters width.

There is just a small part over 100 meters were its a bit smaller but as there is not a lot of traffic on this part its ok.

Obviusly yours Dear John seems like a palace on wheels.

Bye and thanks for your interest.

saludos

patricio :-D

We live fairly near to this site, and I happend to go past it just a couple of days ago.

Looks as though it'll be a big area, although at the moment it's still full of building workers and diggers etc.

It'll be a miracle if it's open in a moths time - but for anyone who does want to park up withing walking distance of all that Benidorm has to offer (??) it should certainly be worth a look once it does finally open.

PLEASE just don't forget how big, how varied, and how wonderful all of the rest of Spain is - it's a fantastic country to tour in, full of mountains, lakes, national parks, castles, history, scenery, gorgeous food, friendly welcomes, cheap prices, and superb wines!!

And wildcamping is possible just about anywhere, without all the rule-ridden crap (my personal view) that people have to put up with in the UK.

BGD - 2007-07-16 10:35 PM

PLEASE just don't forget how big, how varied, and how wonderful all of the rest of Spain is - it's a fantastic country to tour in, full of mountains, lakes, national parks, castles, history, scenery, gorgeous food, friendly welcomes, cheap prices, and superb wines!!

And wildcamping is possible just about anywhere, without all the rule-ridden crap (my personal view) that people have to put up with in the UK.

Couldn't agree more. Don't forget there are Spanish 'Aires' especially in the 'interior'. We went to the new one in Jalance last month. Very quiet, beautiful scenery.

PACA have a website with the details, in Spanish, but you only need to know a few words!!

http://www.lapaca.org/areas/espana.php

Hola,

BGD and Derek, your both very well informed and I can only agree with you that the inland of Spain is wunderfull to travel and there are very different scenery's to be explored.

We live in the Costa Blanca and we feld that it is very difficult to find a quiet place to park and sleep in this area, that is wy we planned this project to be able to offer a secure site to the motorhomes travelling trough.

Regarding the works on the site things look good and we may be opening for the 15th of august.

I will informe you all as soon as the website is completed and the park will be openend.

sunny greetings

patrick

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update peeps, if you are ever down this way:

I drove past their site yesterday and, credit where it's due, the new extension part of the site is now indeed actually open - and already looks damn busy from what I could see.

It still looks a long way from what I would personally call finally "finished". (There's still building equipment etc dotted about, so I guess it's at the point where it functions as a site, but the finishing touches are still ongoing).

No idea what the prices are like, as we always wild-camp in Spain rather than using sites, but it's located on the northern edge of Benidorm, and certainly it's within walking distance of Benidorms northern (Levante) beach/bars/clubs/fleshpots/restaurants.........

Cheers,

Bruce.

(PS: Clearest blue skies, blue sea sparkling in the distance down the orange grove valley, and 80 degrees in the shade as I type this from our cottage in our little Spanish village............oh it's hell here!!)

Oops - J & S, you're absolutely right!

Yes, it's the big extension to the alreay very big Villamar site (on the old road between Benidorm and Albir) that's just opened.

Sorry for the confusion, I mis-remembered the name (my feeble excuse is that there are a lot of Camping sites dotted around Benidorm).

Cheers,

Bruce.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B-) Well done Patricio. I have been this last week to inspect the Camper Park. Sorry we missed you but met your helpful wife instead.

Although it is basic, it has all the requirements for Motorhomes, Caravans etc.

It has great views of the surrounding Mountains and the Sea.

It is fairly easy to get to and it would possibly allow access for 2 large Motorhomes/RV's. My Newmar is 37.5 ft (11.5 metres) and I think I could get there from the N332.

We wish you all the best of luck for the future. ;-)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived