Small motorbikes etc.

John.N

Guest caraprof

John,

You've obviously blundered but don't worry, many of us have done it when new!

You have thirty minutes during which you can edit a post and then it's locked so if you wish you can now add whatever it was you intended to say.

Just make sure that you are logged on and click the 'Edit' button at the bottom right. You can also preview a post before you make it final by clicking the 'Preview' button.

John ,

Whilst waiting I hope you dont mind me high jacking your thread ?

Can anyone tell me if my licence covers a monkey bike although I have a PSV is it legal for me to ride a Monkey Bike or a small bike with an engine would I have to go and get some upgrade or sit tests for this ?.

Also Hubby passed in 1980 has a normal licenence is it the same ..

Thanks John.

michele - 2007-07-15 4:52 PM John , Whilst waiting I hope you dont mind me high jacking your thread ? Can anyone tell me if my licence covers a monkey bike although I have a PSV is it legal for me to ride a Monkey Bike or a small bike with an engine would I have to go and get some upgrade or sit tests for this ?. Also Hubby passed in 1980 has a normal licenence is it the same .. Thanks John.

Michele

Your licence covers you as a learner/provisional up to 50cc. If you have a pillion then that person MUST have a full licence for a motorbike. If not a full licenece holder for the group, you should technically apply for the CITB course for motorbikes.Then it gets a bit complicated, as you can go for a full test to allow you to ride any m/bike or just uo to 250cc before another test is taken.

Thai

Ok guys that puts pay to that to old can't be bothered with all that phaffing around no Monkey bike for us shanks pony will have to do or one of the four rotten ones in the shed that the son keeps knackering and manages to put a punture in everytime he takes it then he dont repaire them then they are left to rot :-( Next time he does it to hubbys I think he will kill him ;-)

Stew - 2007-07-15 8:48 PM Thai, There's been a change in the law, and if you are a provisional licence holder then you CAN'T carry a passenger, even if they have a full motorbike licence. Sorry

Stew, Sorry but I was going by the rules that were legal when I 1st passed my bike test all those years ago. My bike is only fit for one anyway, or so I tell her who must be obeyed.!!

Thai

Archived