Updating sat nav maps on ducato

Wessie

I've looked on the web and searched on here but can't find anything helpful,  so I'm hoping you good people can.

I'm wanting to update the sat nav and it asks to tether the phone which I assume will use my data !

But I can't find any ballpark figure as to what it requires, has anyone done this ? Thanks, Dave 

Do you not have manuals?  As Derek has discovered, what is stated online by Fiat is "silent" on updates, whereas what is stated by TomTom (who claim to provide the sat-nav facility on Ducatos), is that the map updates are transmitted to the device as and when, on what appears to be a continual basis, meaning no user intervention is required to obtain them.

The apparent implication is that all that is required is to turn on and use the sat-nav, and the updates will be transmitted to it via the satellite link.  In other words, that once the sat-nav has "logged on" to the positioning satellites, two-way communication is enabled and, if the sat-nav device's maps are outdated, the required updates will be automatically transmitted to it.  That's a new trick to me, but immensely useful if that is what TomTom really mean.

You'll probably need confirmation that your van has the TomTom system installed, as the Fiat website in non-specific on that question.  If your supplying dealer (or the manuals) can't help, try e-mailing Fiat technical with your query plus your VIN.  They should then be able to confirm exactly what is actually installed on your van.

The most recent on-line Ducato Owner Handbook (print-date 12/2022 - 5 edition) includes a 35-page MULTIMEDIA section. This indicates that two "Uconnect" units may be fitted - either with a 10" or a 7" display-screen - and it appears that 'navigation' is only available on the 10" display-screen variant shown in this image.

image.png.79d589e90faab350e733ddeac8187234.png

The Handbook's "NAVIGATION" section mentions "Map update" as follows:

image.png.68feea2422cfbf09d9b8d83524e01065.png

.............................................................................................

...it appears that 'navigation' is only available on the 10" display-screen variant shown in this image....

confirmed here

https://www.fiatcamper.com/en/product/entertainment

Thankyou all for your help, first of all I misunderstood the pairing of the phone ( didn't need to) and I've managed to connect it to the house wifi long enough for it to tell me that it's up to date!

I'll register next on the mopar  site and have a read on what's available,  thankyou again, Dave 

Archived