13kg Butagaz (French) propane cylinder?

Brian Kirby

The above is available to collect at no cost.  Located East Sussex.  Present contents approx. 5.5kg gas.  Cylinder size approximately as UK Calor/Flogas of equivalent capacity.  Pigtail connection same as UK Butane.  Easily exchanged for full at most (especially, but by no means exclusively, rural) French supermarkets.  If interested, PM me for further details. 

2 hours ago, onecal said:

Brian 

Why not keep it as a memento ? 

Because someone else could get the benefit of a) nearly 6kg of free gas, plus b) once used, an empty cylinder to exchange for a full one at almost any supermarket in France, and c) both of the above without having to pay the €35 deposit ("Contract de Consignation") entitling them to buy their first bottle (Mine cost €19 in 2005!).  After that, they pay only for the gas: current cost in the region of €39.90 for 13kg propane.

So, they would in fact save in three ways.

First, because French propane is cheaper than UK propane: currently €39.90 (varying slightly depending on where exchanged), compared to £52.50 (Calor) UK, second because they wouldn't have to pay that initial deposit (currently £54.99 Calor), and third, because they'd have with them when in France a gas cylinder that can be exchanged for a full one when their gas runs out.  Try doing that with only UK gas in your gas locker!  😄 We always had one UK and one French on board for just that reason.

Even better if you could get all those advantages, plus 5.5kg of propane, at no cost except the cost of collection.  I'll even deliver if the distance is reasonable!  😄 

Archived