How do you manually override a Fiamma awning?

DavyS

Fiamma recommend: Fiamma awning not closing? – fiammaonline.com

"If you are using a screw gun to take down an awning, be sure to flip the direction of the screw before retracting it. This will ensure that the awning is properly secured."

Can anyone translate this for me? I dont know what a screw gun is, and I dont know what is meant by "flip the direction of the screw". Maybe its a machine translation of the original Italian?

And a translation of:

!If your Fiamma awning is not closing all the way, there are several things you can check. First, see if the arms are level. Sometimes one arm may be higher than the other, which will prevent the awning from closing evenly. Second, make sure the support legs are all the way down. Sometimes the legs can get stuck in the up position, which will also cause the awning to close unevenly. Lastly, check the fabric to see if it is pulled too tight. If the fabric is too tight, it will prevent the awning from closing all the way."

How do you adjust the arm height?

"Make sure the legs are all the way down before closing the awning" ???? !!!!

And finally how do you adjust the fabric tension??

35 minutes ago, DavyS said:

Fiamma recommend: Fiamma awning not closing? – fiammaonline.com

"If you are using a screw gun to take down an awning, be sure to flip the direction of the screw before retracting it. This will ensure that the awning is properly secured."

Can anyone translate this for me? I dont know what a screw gun is, and I dont know what is meant by "flip the direction of the screw". Maybe its a machine translation of the original Italian?

It think that means "If you are using an electric screwdriver to retract/extend the awning, make sure you select the correct direction of rotation (i.e. drive or retract) before retracting the awning.  But don't ask how any normal mortal is expected to reach the extend/retract drive on the awning casing - because t don't know either!!   😄 

10 minutes ago, Brian Kirby said:

It think that means "If you are using an electric screwdriver to retract/extend the awning, make sure you select the correct direction of rotation (i.e. drive or retract) before retracting the awning.  But don't ask how any normal mortal is expected to reach the extend/retract drive on the awning casing - because t don't know either!!   😄 

Brian, you may well be right but we will probably never know. And I wonder how you use an electric screwdriver to manually operate an awning?

10 minutes ago, DavyS said:

And a translation of:

!If your Fiamma awning is not closing all the way, there are several things you can check. First, see if the arms are level. Sometimes one arm may be higher than the other, which will prevent the awning from closing evenly. Second, make sure the support legs are all the way down. Sometimes the legs can get stuck in the up position, which will also cause the awning to close unevenly. Lastly, check the fabric to see if it is pulled too tight. If the fabric is too tight, it will prevent the awning from closing all the way."

How do you adjust the arm height?

"Make sure the legs are all the way down before closing the awning" ???? !!!!

And finally how do you adjust the fabric tension??

"First, see if the arms are level" I think means check that the two arms are at the same angle (i.e. parallel to each other). 

"Sometimes one arm may be higher than the other" I think means as above, that the two arms should both be inclined at the same angle.

"Second, make sure the support legs are all the way down" I think means are vertical, and fully extended.

But, might it be easier if you had a Fiamma manual relevant to your awning model?  A lot seems to be getting confused in translation.  

Follow this link, and select as required: https://tinyurl.com/2embv9ns 

Hope the link works!

Hi All, I use a Bosch cordless every time I use the awning. As for how do you reach? Take one knackered silicon sealant gun with a hook end. Remove said hook end which will also be made from hexagonal bar, ideal for chuck on cordless, and Bobs your uncle. You can now reach and have hours of fun wizzing your totally useless awning in and out to the envy of all your neighbours on the campsite. All the Best, Ian