Portable Air Con - Eurom AC2401 any good?

Kennyh

Hi, has anyone got a Eurom AC2400 or AC2401 air conditioner for their Motorhome / caravan? Is it any good; would you recommend it?

I’m looking for a solution for our Motorhome without having to go to the expense of a fixed aircon unit. So a portable solution I can use on trips to South of France etc sounds like the way to go. 

I see that the Eurom unit is a split setup connected by an umbilical and you hang the exchanger unit out the window. 

Questions I have are:

1. Does it work effectively; does it cool your van well?

2. Is it easy to transport / set up?

3. Is it noisy inside / outside when working? (I don’t want to p-off my neighbours!)

4. Overall, would you recommend it?

Thanks. 

How noisy are the ones that are fixed to our vans? I doubt a stand alone unit would be as good but I have no experience of either sorry. We have two fans fitted at the foot of both of our beds that really were a god send recently and others here might think them well worth having too if like me cant afford a AC unit. My fans are run from the leisure battery and are permanent fixtures. A little noisy perhaps but just so worth having. Will the AC unit you are thinking about work without hook up or will it be 12v? We spend most of our time just roaming so rarely have any mains but we always have 12v so could always find some relief. 

5 hours ago, GandJP said:

How noisy are the ones that are fixed to our vans? I doubt a stand alone unit would be as good but I have no experience of either sorry. We have two fans fitted at the foot of both of our beds that really were a god send recently and others here might think them well worth having too if like me cant afford a AC unit. My fans are run from the leisure battery and are permanent fixtures. A little noisy perhaps but just so worth having. Will the AC unit you are thinking about work without hook up or will it be 12v? We spend most of our time just roaming so rarely have any mains but we always have 12v so could always find some relief. 

I’ve got fans already and they do work for most occasions but when it’s real hot then I think some AC would be useful. 

I’m happy getting one for mains only - we stay on sites with EHU the vast majority of time. 

I’m thinking getting a portable unit as a) they are cheaper  b) I won’t need it for all trips - so only take when I know it’s going to be real hot. c) I don’t want to replace my standard rooflight with a unit and lose the light. 

2 hours ago, mtravel said:

2400Btu/h won't cool a small Romahome.

Have you used one @mtravel?

I’ve seen some reviews online (including a lengthy video review) and it does appear to do the job (albeit on a small/medium Motorhome). 

But it would be great to hear from people who have one or have used one (and then binned it). 

2 hours ago, Kennyh said:

Have you used one @mtravel?

I’ve seen some reviews online (including a lengthy video review) and it does appear to do the job (albeit on a small/medium Motorhome). 

But it would be great to hear from people who have one or have used one (and then binned it). 

I had a Dometic 1600 and now a Truma Aventa Compact. They work well but after an afternoon under south Europe sun they require five to six hours at least to cool a six meters MH down from 35 to 28°C.

Quite reasonable but don't expect them efficient as my home Daikin installation.