3 very quick questions all in one

kevandali

Just got the English Aires book (brill)

Q1 [green]In the book the co-ordinates appear for example as:-

Note (*equals degrees)

N48*29.199 W003*59.811

Do I put these co-ordinates exactly as seen into the sat nav or do I have to change them around?

The normal format I see on the sat nav is something like

N 55.64815 W 2.11626 [/green]

Q2 [red]Got some cupbourds with no doors, would like to get some extendable bars that will stop books falling out but can be easily removed, any ideas where I can get hold of them. [/red]

Last Question [blue] Where can I get hold of a map that opens out to show the whole of brittany, I want to be able to spread it out on the table and mark the route we will be taking.

As always any help much appreciated [/blue]

Sorry about the colours, just having a play.

kevandali

Reply to Q2: CAK Tanks sell just what you're looking for. They are bars with soft ends that screw apart to clamp them in position in the front of a cupboard and unscrew when you want to remove.

Completely solves the headache problem you get when you open a top cupboad and the contents . . .

Mel E

====

The extending rods are also available from many decent ironmonger type shops, in brass/white/chrome finishes. they are meant for net curtains and start from about 50cm upwards from £2.49. The full fold out maps of France can be obtained from W.H. Smiths by Michelin of the different departments of France. chas

peterjl - 2007-07-17 12:38 PM

For maps try Stanfords

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/

I have never bought online but i use the shop in london - a real aladdins cave of maps - maps on anywhere and everywhere - i ususally get lost in the shop and have to be dragged out by my better half!

Peter

Hmmm, getting lost in a map shop, what an interesting thought. ;-)

D.

kevandali - 2007-07-17 12:00 PM

Just got the English Aires book (brill)

Q1 [green]In the book the co-ordinates appear for example as:-

Note (*equals degrees)

N48*29.199 W003*59.811

Do I put these co-ordinates exactly as seen into the sat nav or do I have to change them around?

The normal format I see on the sat nav is something like

N 55.64815 W 2.11626 [/green]

It depends on what format you set your Sat Nav to (my TomTom has three settings:- degrees d.d°, minutes d°m.m' or seconds d°m's"). The example above is 'minutes' and it takes me to 'Rue Des Bruyéres' in Guimiliau.

BTW to do a ° symbol, hold down Alt and type 0176 on the keypad.

Guest caraprof
Dave Newell - 2007-07-17 2:20 PM
peterjl - 2007-07-17 12:38 PM For maps try Stanfords http://www.stanfords.co.uk/ I have never bought online but i use the shop in london - a real aladdins cave of maps - maps on anywhere and everywhere - i ususally get lost in the shop and have to be dragged out by my better half! Peter
Hmmm, getting lost in a map shop, what an interesting thought. ;-) D.

It's nearly as good as the chap who ordered a camouflage suit from his local Army and Navy Stores. He got a postcard to tell him that it had arrived but when he went to collect it they couldn't find it!

derek500 - 2007-07-17 4:35 PM

BTW to do a ° symbol, hold down Alt and type 0176 on the keypad.

Are you sue about the 0176, Derek. I don't recognize "BTW", but using the "Alt" key for characters is standard on most applications and goes back to the old ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchage) and the degree sign is Alt+167 . Alt + 0176 is ¦ .

Brian

Archived