To Wave or not to Wave.

Solentlady

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
howie - 2007-07-18 11:54 PM

Go on Michele, lets see you warts and all, and remember i,ve got a recent photo of you so don,t even think of pulling a fast one. *-)

Blimey, Howie you like living dangerously - but it was perhaps a tad ungallant of you to suggest Michele has warts? Can't believe it myself of course.

Bob ;-)

As I said on the other posts, as a newbie I derive innocent pleasure from the cameraderie of waves between motorhomers but if anyone does not wave that's perfectly fine by me. Conversely, If ever I don't manage to wave back to anyone - it's usually that I have my hands full of very new van at that particular moment!

Bob

chas - 2007-07-18 4:53 PM

Hi Sarah- The wave that exists between motorcaravaners is a gesture of friendship and a feature of reconition of people enjoying the same pastime. Ignore any miserable s*d who does not wave , or is to mean minded to participate in this simple gesture. For every unfriendly one, there are 100 friendly ones, I have come to the conclusion that there are many people about who are not happy unless they can cause unhappiness. Have a good life and bring as much happiness into your pastime as you can. chas

Hi Chas and others

Some of us may be quiet unhappy about being refered to as a "miserable s*d who does not wave, or is to mean minded to participate in this simple gesture".

I wonder how you would feel if I were to remark that

This waveing is as you say a "simple guesture" but then added that,

as such it follows that it must therefore be carried out by simpletons, whose lives are so devoid of anything mature that they have to resort to waving to complete strangers, who they will probably never get to meet let alone get to know and probably wouldnt want to know such a simpleton anyway.

Now I would guess that you and the others wouldnt like that would you, so I wont say it because I don't want to upset anyone.

michele - 2007-07-20 2:23 PM Who's up for changing it from waving to MOONIES (^)

Michele - Pleaaaaaseeeeee.

I thought with your driving experiences there were enough a***H***s out on the roads already without adding any more to the number.

Does it count if you get the co-driver to do it instead.If so count me in!!!

Thai

the tortoise - 2007-07-20 2:13 PM

That could be so true, Syd!

Most humans have a need to interact with their fellow man, but are suspicious of unsolicited overtures.

Perhaps some perceive this waving to be an invasion of the privacy they feel they have in their homes-on-wheels.

Could it be that entering their mobile homes is their equvilent to entering another zone ??

Oh for the love of .......! *-) Is nothing on here is safe from a ruddy slanging match??????? IMHO it doesn't matter who starts it, it's the keeping it going that is the damaging bit - this is not aimed at anyone in particular.:-|

Now if some people think that waving is daft then what the heck would they make of me saying hello to people on the aires in France, whatever their nationality. No, this is not really a question, I'm not interested in truth what others think, I enjoy doing it and in every case get a nice friendly 'bonjour', 'hello' or whatever back with a nice smile. To me it's only courteous that when you happen see your 'neighbours' you exchange a polite hello etc.

Guest caraprof

You have a wondeful knack Mel of coming in well after something has died down and resurrecting it! This discussion seems to be over and the only thing going on now is a bit of light-hearted banter between Syd and Tortoise.

What is the point of your post?

caraprof - 2007-07-20 6:18 PM

You have a wondeful knack Mel of coming in well after something has died down and resurrecting it! This discussion seems to be over and the only thing going on now is a bit of light-hearted banter between Syd and Tortoise.

Ditto and right back at ya Frank! I just knew you'd just HAVE to say something. (lol)

Guest peter
michele - 2007-07-20 2:23 PM

Who's up for changing it from waving to MOONIES (^)

O/K then you moonie at me Michelle and I'll wave at you. :D

Guest peter
caraprof - 2007-07-20 6:18 PM

She's only just come out of hibernation Frank. (lol)

This mooning suggested by Michele.

You will need to be fairly quick whipping your drawers off, or does Michele drive without them?

Would you want to be mooned at by a 50ish lady, with warts? (Howies description - I prefer the avatar as is)

Would make an interesting conversation with Mr Plod, if caught.

Sometimes I wave sometimes not, depends on immediate circumstances.

Taking EEYORE - my M/home to London this weekend, garden party time at the Palace with the CC. Hope the lawn will stand the weight.

Frank is right though. 'Vive le difference'.

Archived