Caravan Club

Grumpyman

We’ve been members since 2002 and this is definitely the last year. 
im happy with a more basic site just as long as it’s clean. 
we enjoy more than anything the Aires in France and it’s probably spoilt us with their very reasonable prices and a couple sites we do stay at in France are so much cheaper the Caravan and MH club. 
my guess is upper management are taking mega wages. 

We joined again this year after several years as we needed some sites in North Yorkshire and other UK destinations. We normally tour Europe.

We only used CLs as the club sites were extortionate! How they can justify nearly doubling the price for two people I do not understand! We found that most of the CLs, which under club rules are limited to 5 units, also had private pitches at the same price .... so no point joining the CMC. We certainly will not renew next year.

Jeremy

• 4 months later...

My Wife and I whole heartedly agree with Jeremy - re the above CMC comments - Our  Monday 15th May 2023 'over night' stay at Morn Hill Caravan Club Site(en-route to Porstmouth Ferry) cost us £36.00 against £16.00 same week in 2019 (ie:- Our previous France/Spain Trip due to Covid) - This was accentuated by the fact that (see Pics) A Ford Transit Tipper "Road Mender/Gipsy Type" wagon was parked close by ?? The Warden Quoted "he's looking for work" MornHill1.thumb.jpg.c0874dfcc15a180d630d734962d23f10.jpg

HOW & WHY was this being allowed was our thoughts - but as 'over nite only' decided it wans't worth 'upsetting the locals' !!!! 

But so much for CMC Members only policy ????

A recent letter from CMC tells of both Memebership increases and night charges for this year - so we shall not be renewing our membership - especially so as the Brittany Ferries price offered by CMC  was more expensive than we booking Direct with Brittany Ferries !!!  -

This being accentuated by the fact that CMC point blank refused to consider any help in attepting a refund of our "CMC Booked and Paid"  BF ferries sailing back in 2020 when Covid stopped everything !!! Their actual answer to the above 2020 BF crossing refund was "We, CMC are only booking agents for BF" "You will have to claim refunds from them" - Totaly Useless Help !!!

NO MORE THANK YOU - UNTILL THEY START TO REALISE THE 'TOP HEAVY' WAY THEY APPEAR TO BE RUNNING THE CLUB...

Dave Adams Leyland Lancs. 

Morn Hill 2.jpg