France and Spain

denkate

Morning all. We are of to France and Spain in a week, first time since 2019. Could any one tell us what we need as regards paper work if any, I have 2 sets of glasses, triangles, first aid, Breathalyzer tests. What about the CRIT'AIR if so for which towns do I need it in .   Many Thanks Dennis.

• Keithl changed the title to France and Spain

The Critair areas are constantly expanding and, although you may not intend visiting areas currently covered by it, there could be occasions when you have no choice - a diversion for instance. The process is quite easy with little cost (on the official website) and, once registered, lasts for the lifetime of the vehicle. It is something I would do just for the comfort of knowing it is there.

David

Since only a fraction of vehicles in France bother with crit'air, and there is nobody checking this anywhere, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I was recently in south and east of France on vacation, then work, and I paid specific attention to this as I didn't have one on my company car. Some of my coworkers are in Strasbourg and Paris every few months and none of them has even heard of this sticker. No fines ever came either over past several years they've been going there regularly.

The whole scheme seems more like a non issue, regulation that never actually got enforced.

Seems to be nearly the same with the german equivalent. Many more cars have it though. Yet enforcement, at least on foreign vehicles, seems non existent.

Unless you have the time to order them, not much of an expense really, I wouldn't bother.

Archived