Shurflo Water Pump Noise / Pulsing ??

suethedriver

I recently replaced my shurflo water pump in my Autocruise Startrail. I got like for like pump brand new. When it was fitted it worked fine and nice and quiet and smooth for our 2 weekend trips then the next time out a few weeks later the pump came on when tap opened and makes a loud pulsing noise now, the tap flows reasonably with a small pulsing of water but nothing problematic.

So ....  water tank checked and its full. Pump checked and its not leaking. Turned all taps on and released some pressure from boiler dump tap under bed. No change.   

Today I turned all 3 inside taps on at same time starting from furthest away from pump and as i turned on the last tap the pump did NOT make the pulsing noise !!!!!!!

Obviously I would never have all taps on at once so can anyone suggest a resolution please?  and will the pulsing be damaging anything?     

Thanks 

Check the pump's filter for debris - I assume a filter is fitted - but the 'pulsing' issue may be external to the pump.

My 2015 Rapido motorhome's water system suddenly developed a violent vibration when a water-outlet was opened and the SHURflo pump began to run. I replaced the pump, but the vibration persisted and, by leading a water hose to the pump from a container of water, I identified that the cause of the vibration was 'upstream' of the pump. I never pinned down exactly where the problem lay, but cured it by rejigging the water pipework.

As one cal suggests, you could also try adjusting the SHURflo pump's pressure sensor

https://holdsworth.vwt4camper.info/SHURfloWaterPumpInstallationAndOperationManualT4WM.pdf