Bargain in Belguim

Mrs J Johnson

Just returned from Campirama motorhomes in belgium.

End of season sale includes a hymer B class 544cl complete with cd radio, aircon,cruise control,awning and other extras.

Just under 1000kml's on speedo, lastest fiat chassis. Price-43500 euro's ,with english vat =£35000,yes £35000.Is this a bargain!

If so any buyer's for my hymerswing.

Just got back from France and called at the dealers in Le Touquet: Opal Evasion. They were selling the new Itineo LB690 for 49,000 Euros, I make that about £33,000 and remember that's the sticker price and you should be able to get a good reduction without a trade in. Also U.K. vat at 17.5% is lower that French VAT so further savings are to be had. Itineo are I believe cheap and cheerful new range from Rapido. I don't know if they'll be sold in the U.K. but they look like a bargain. On a quick inspection you could see where some of the money had been saved over a Rapido, the furniture was less substantial and there was one panel under a seat without an edge trim but all in all I thought it pretty good. Certainly makes you think of where to buy your next 'van?

Bill Ord

Have bought from Opale Evasion at Le Touquet (they are also at Etaples and Lille) and I can vouch for their service - both pre- and after-sales - as can many others I have sent there!

M Flament and his wife who own the concessions are ex-hoteliers. Monsieur's hobby was rally-cross so they got into motorhoming, thought they could bring unique hotel levels of service to this business and have done so, successfully, for nearly 10 years.

Mel E

====

Archived