Motorul de 2.3 și 230cp consuma ulei ~1l între doua schimburi de ulei.Este normal ?

adi mic

This translates (from Romanian) as

The 2.3 and 130hp engine, year 2015, Fiat Ducato, consumed ~1l of oil between two changes. It is normal?

The relevant Ducato manual advises

image.png.c1ba60f64069bd105ddf4a2959760174.png

According to GOOGLE, engine oil weighs around 800-900 grams per litre. So Fiat's 'worst case' consumption figure of 400 grams translates to around half a litre of oil per 1000 km.

If a vehicle's motor is using any oil, the further the vehicle is driven the more oil will be consumed. As adi mic has not said how many kilometres his Ducato has covered overall, nor how many kilometres are covered between oil changes, it's impossible to say if a 1 litre oil-consumption is normal or not. If his Ducato covers (say) 5,000km between oil-changes, a 1 litre consumption would be high; if his Ducato covers (say) 30,000km  between oil-changes, a 1 litre consumption might well be considered 'normal' and not that unusual. 

The simplest thing to do would be for adi mic to ask a Fiat agency about his Ducato's oil consumption, but I suspect that the answer will be that it is 'acceptable'.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking our peugeot 2.0 is using the worse case scenario mentioned above and it's done only about 90k km in 4 years. While in my toyota car with 360k km in 15 years there's a change of barely a few mm on the dipstick between change intervals. I wish Toyota made MH base vehicles 😁