Posting a topic

Grumpyman

Question

1 answer to this question

I'm really unsure what you are referring to, so I'll have to make a wild guess.

The Out&AboutLive forums now run on the Invision Community platform and - whereas I have always referred to an original posting by someone followed by a number of responses as a "thread" - in Invision Community-speak a "thread" is called a "Topic".

Let's imagine someone decides to ask "Why is the paint peeling off my Ducato motorhome's roof?" and they post that question (say) to the Motorhome Matters forum where it starts a new Topic.

Two forum members (Bill and Ben) see that Topic and both now begin to compose a reply. The forum's software recognises that replies to that Topic are being composed simultaneously and Bill is sent a message saying that Ben is typing, while Ben gets a message saying that Bill is typing.

If Bill finishes typing his reply and submits it while Ben is still typing, Ben will get a message saying this Bill has posted a response and he (Ben) will be asked if he would like to see Bill's response. This can be useful as, if Ben finds that his response would just repeat Bill's advice, he (Ben) may decide to discard his own reply and not bother to post it, or to alter his reply before posting it.

There should be no need for Ben to log out of the forums and he can choose whether or not to view Bill's reply before posting his own response.

Does that cover what you were referring to? If not, you'll need to provide a more detailed explanation.