Hobby Toskana 690, 2011 Truma Heating System

Tony323

Hi all, and thanks for helping on my last question, May i also ask, as i have now completed drain down. If i want to put my heating on with the Truma Combi heating system, i have checked my hand book and am a bit confused as i do not wish to use wrong Rotary controls and damage the boiler as there is no water in it. It maybe me but the 2 sections, in the Handbook, seem to contradict each other. It states. 1. Heating without regulated water temperature. Set the rotary switch to operation (d). 2. Turn rotary button (a) to desired temp. The green operation lights up , The yellow LED (g)- warming up phase for the water) only lights up at water temp below 5c. The next section Heating with drained water system are duplicated as above but just omits saying warming up phase for water. Any help mostt appreciate. Thanks.

For Heating with drained water system set the control to space heating only and room temperature as required . 

The two sections you quoted are not like for like:   'Heating without regulated water temperature' is not the same as 'Heating with drained water system'. 

I understand, its naming different situations regulated , then Heating with drained water system but both sections are saying 1. Set the rotary switch to operating position (d).                                                                                                 2. Turn the rotary button (a) to the desired thermostat setting (1-5). Would there be some thing like a computer chip inside ?? that would indicate in the system that there is no water in the boiler, when i put the heating on, ?? thanks 

IMG_20231129_191803.jpg

IMG_20231129_191833.jpg

Set to (d) the boiler does not care if there is water in the boiler or not. If there is then a sensor would know that and the amber light would come on if the water were below 5 degrees.This is unlikely as I suspect the frost valve would have operated  by then.

There is no water sensor per se. The (correct) position of the control ensures protection, and without water, in use the switch should only be set at d), which denotes space heating only.

c) in either position heats water only, with a thermostat in the water that switches off at the appropriate one of the two temperatures.

e) invokes both water and space heating (and favours water heating until it reaches 60 degrees, then stops and ups the blown output to space heating)

As operation at either of these three settings takes into account the water temperature, they should only be used with water in the boiler - (overheating is likely to result otherwise).

Setting d) invokes only space heating (at the set room temperature) and doesn't depend on the water temperature for operation. It can be used with the boiler full of water or not. If water is present, it's heating will not be prioritised over space heating, BUT, any water will be heated in an unregulated manner as a by-product of that space heating. The resulting water temperature will be very dependent on how long and how high the blown air heating is run.

Edited by Robinhood

Thanks for both replies and taking the time to explain, so now just to confirm i am quiet safe now to put the control switch to "D" which is space save and this will not affect my Boiler with no water in it, ? I really do wish some times instruction books would put everything in simple term language, as i do feel if you do get it wrong and by not understanding it could cost you some serious money .

8 hours ago, Tony323 said:

Thanks for both replies and taking the time to explain, so now just to confirm i am quiet safe now to put the control switch to "D" which is space save and this will not affect my Boiler with no water in it, ?

Yes. 

Edited by rayc