Getting ready for the season ahead - your input needed

Dinkydot

I'm a mite surprised that leisure-vehicle 'new season' preparation/checking has not been discussed on the O&AL forums before, but that appears to be the case (though I'm certain there have been articles in MMM magazine about best practice.)

Plenty of on-line stuff about it - search on motorhome new season checks   The following link is to a fairly comprehensive 2018 Practical Motorhome piece (and the embedded links still seem to work!)

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/essential-pre-season-motorhome-checks

• 4 weeks later...

I have never had to do anything major when getting ready for a trip big or small as everything is on going throughout the year as we use our van as and when, whatever the month is. I do however always empty both water tanks and loo when I have returned from a trip and drain everything down at all times in the winter just in case. As I keep my van at home and it is plugged in to EH so the batteries never go flat. I will add that last year I spent some time in hospital shortly after returning from a February trip to France and being rushed in I didnt give things much thought and ended up with a cab battery needing replacing and a damaged shower valve split due to freezing but that isnt my norm. I always clean the van within a short time of a return so very little to do when going off again. Tyres etc etc are a continuous 'job' so never have any need to do a big prepare even if I am going to the continent for a few weeks. I do spend several days 'loading' things and getting all our paperwork ready and making sure I have everything and touch wood the only thing we have ever forgotten was a charging lead for my wifes ipad, it is different to mine, and had to buy one in France.

Might be different if I put her away for the winter and probably would take many things out that could deteriorate I but cant think I would do much more. 

• 4 weeks later...