Rear bumper removal

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Ken.

This photo is of the rear of a 2013 Swift Lifestyle 664.

image.png.40be6688478b336adb808251d63681bd.png

and the following statement was made in a 2012 MotorrhomeFacts forum discussion about rear bumper removal.

The rear bumper on a Swift is in three pieces, the two corners and the middle section. The corners are held on with two screws you can see, then two screws from underneath. The centre section on mine is held on with 3 screws at the top behind the blanking plugs and two bolts at the bottom. Beware that the corner pieces are also "glued" at the top with sealant.

I cannot confirm that your motorhome's rear bumper is attached in exactly the same manner, but on-line information does indicate that Swift Lifestyle and Escape models had the same 3-piece bumper, moulded either in grey or white material. The images below are of a white centre section and a grey end-cap.

image.png.f30253fd47db012bfc96723d72fe4517.png

image.jpeg.33abdda6bc3d7238c94f5a423b7819b4.jpeg

The first step would be to inspect very carefully from beneath the vehicle to see if there are any brackets that would need detaching or screws/bolts in the underside of the centre moulding and end-caps that would need undoing. Look for cosmetic 'blanking plugs' over screws in the centre section and end-caps and it might be a good idea to take off the registration-plate just in case there are fixings behind it.

A Swift main dealer might be prepared to advise you on the removal procedure, but I suggest you ask about this on the Swift Escape Owners group on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/swiftescape/