Can you justify the cost?

olley

Bruce's utility theory reminds me of the old saying "different strokes for different folks' and a story I came across in the world of work.

Apparently a new salesman beat all the targets and won the salesman of the year award. His boss was crazy about sailing and the prize he awarded was a weeks sailing in his yacht for the winner and his wife. Unknown to the boss neither the winner or his wife were good sailors so the prize was a nightmare. Suffice to say the salesman's performance stalled the following year.

Vernon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've often wondered what the equivalent alternative holidays would cost compared the total cost of motorhoming. It will never be paid for - because we didn't take package holidays before the van. In fact we, as a family, rarely had any holidays. Oh, the life of the self employed. Why does everyone think you are raking it in? There was never any time or money to take holidays (any money was reinvested in the business - a TV camera costs the same as a decent M/H). Though we did stay in many fantastic citys and too many hotels. Now greatly avoided.

Surely freedom is priceless. And therefore the van is totally justified.

Archived