Do you own a Fiat X2/50?

Dinkydot

With several forum threads suggesting problems with new Fiat X250-based motorhomes (and those based on its Peugeot/Citroen siblings), MMM is endeavouring to collect and collate the facts in order to give us a solid basis for an in-depth investigation. If you have personally had a problem, then we’d like to know. Tell us make and model of motorhome, engine size, gearbox fitted (5 or 6 speed), date purchased, nature of problem, and whether or not the problem has been resolved (if resolved, whether by your motorhome dealer or a franchised garage). E-mail our deputy editor: rachels@warnersgroup.co.uk including a picture if you have one

Way2Go - 2007-08-06 9:41 PM
Thai Bry - 2007-08-06 5:48 PM

Way2go

Nice, very very nice man!!!

Are those steel wheels or are they covers on the wheels??

Thai

They are covers Thai. She's a fab girl and has already earned a place in the family. We love her ;-)

Without wishing to offend, the overuse of the word "love" is very irritating. You "love" your wife, you "love" your children, you "love" your parents - you "enjoy" your motorhome.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Word-Love-is-Overused&id=106472

Bazza454 - 2007-08-06 10:53 PM
Way2Go - 2007-08-06 9:41 PM
Thai Bry - 2007-08-06 5:48 PM

Way2go

Nice, very very nice man!!!

Are those steel wheels or are they covers on the wheels??

Thai

They are covers Thai. She's a fab girl and has already earned a place in the family. We love her ;-)

Without wishing to offend, the overuse of the word "love" is very irritating. You "love" your wife, you "love" your children, you "love" your parents - you "enjoy" your motorhome.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Word-Love-is-Overused&id=106472

IDIOT!!

Out of interest I looked at the article Bazza454 mentions and particularly enjoyed the statement "The word should not be thrown around like a piece of meet" (sic).

My Webster's dictionary offers several definitions for the verb "to love", including "to fondle amorously" and "to like or desire actively: take pleasure in (eg. 'she loved to play the violin'). Although it's rather unlikely motorcaravanners will be 'loving' their motorhomes in the manner that the former definition describes (though what they get up to in the privacy of their own garages is surely up to them!), it seems perfectly correct and accurate for them to 'love' their vehicles in the latter way.

Personally, I've no more 'love' for motorhomes than I have for refrigerators, lawnmowers or any other utilitarian mechanical device. If the thing is well designed for its intended purpose and properly constructed, then that's me happy - I'm certainly not going to expend any emotional energy (not that I ever had much to begin with!) on hybridised little lorries.

Anyway, never mind "like" and "love", what I "'dislike" and "loath" is the ever-increasing use of the forum's Quote feature, particularly when it results in 'cascaded' quotes involving massive slabs of text only a tiny portion of which has any relevance to the current posting. It's an irritating cop-out in my opinion.

(Amazing how quickly a thread can jump its original tracks. Perhaps that's a danger inherent in having "The Liveliest Motorhome Forum On The Web!")

Bazza454 - 2007-08-07 9:22 PM

Way2Go,

You should know that it's rude to SHOUT.

Now let's see, who really is an idiot?

I quote from your post -

- "She's a fab girl".

- "Has already earned a place in the family".

- "We love her".

Yep, not too difficult is it?

You obviously didn't hear me the first time

IDIOT!

I loved our Rapido 709F, 'he' was a lovely little 'chap' and we really enjoyed 'knowing' him.

I'm very fond of our Rimor 645TC, no doubt in time I'll love 'her' as well but it's early days and she's still weedling her way into our hearts. :-S

Love is what you want to feel and mean by it, not what others think you should mean and feel.

The Rimor is definitely a she. We think of her, I suppose, as an old friend whose company we enjoy - we take her out and about in to nice places, spend lots of money on her, can relax and unwind with her, and she rewards us by giving us comfort and pleasure ... what more is 'love' than that!:-D

Tell me honestly, how many of you at some point haven't 'talked' to a vehicle? No ...... never called them rude names at any time when you've got annoyed for some reason? Never asked it to do something, such as 'start' or 'hurry up', or insulted it?

Giving an object an identity is all part of the fun. How many have given their sat nav pet names? We just call it the sat nav, others have taken it into their 'family' and giving it an identity, we wouldn't dare tell them that it's 'only a sat nav', to them it is much more than an inanimate object as it 'gives' them something in return for using it.

Sooo ... if you want to give your motorhome, sat nav equipment or anything else for that matter a name and talke about it with affection - go ahead, if you don't, then that's okay too. ;-)

Back on track - Way2Go - nice wheels chuck, hope you are really enjoying it (still can't stand the big snozz though - on the van that is!). (lol)

Fred said- "alleged problems". Mine is very real. The scuttle /gutter beneath the windscreen has bowed by 15mm leaving a gap through which the rain has been pouring over the engine and the electrical items in the engine bay

Guest peter
After looking at the Video I'm very glad mine is the previous model and not this piece of crap engineering. Fiat are really taking the p*ss with this. >:-)

Mel B - 2007-08-07 9:44 PM  Way2Go - nice wheels chuck, hope you are really enjoying it (still can't stand the big snozz though - on the van that is!). (lol)

Yeah, I think its an aquired taste Mel.  Having said that we're very pleased with our choice and at least it looks like a motorhome as opposed to a National Express coach :-)

Archived