Replace kitchen tap.

AlanP

How does one get to the supply pipes to replace the kitchen tap on an Imala 615.

These are at the back of the kitchen drawer and appear to have been installed before the rear panel was attached.

The Auto-Trail Imala 615 model has been in continuous production since 2014 and the current kitchen layout looks like this.

image.png.447ae153f5034ba40c849bd5b542c08f.png

Earlier models had the kitchen in the same place (laterally across the motorhome's rear wall ) but the position of the sink and tap differed, as will be apparent from the photo below relating to a 2014 Imala 615.

image.png.bdc452154843062970f93f3b1061cf48.png

You haven't said how old your motorhome is, but you did mention that the supply pipes to the tap "are at the back of the kitchen drawer", so I assume your motorhome's kitchen is as shown in my 2nd photo above (though the design of your tap might be different).

This photo shows an earlier Imala 615's kitchen unit with its doors open

image.png.c61791094f4ab6c669e878d3a6b6f130.png

and to be able to access the underside of the tap to disconnect the water-supply pipes, it seems unavoidable (and stating the obvious) that you'd first need to remove the shelves and the drawer.

After that, how straightforward it would be to gain access to the tap and pipework would depend on how bloody-minded Auto-Trail were when they built your motorhome. Despite the supply-pipes being behind the unit's rear panel (far from unusual) I'd expect AutoTrail to have made that panel (or at least part of the panel) removable without needing to resort to major surgery. (Realistically, if that were not the case, how would the tap have been originally connected to the water-pipes?)