Lux pack

I’m looking to order a new MAN Adria twin max 680 SLB. I want to know your thoughts on whether I pay for the optional LUX pack at nearly £14k. I know what it contains and seriously the only aspect I would want is the alloy wheels. All the fancy lights etc I can do without. 
I’m told that nobody orders such a vehicle without this option. Why is it therefore an option? 

comments welcome. 

If the Adria website is to be believed (!!) the LUX pack conmprises

image.png.1c59a56086e3fa4c5090a130c854d002.png

image.png.672d8b24dead467cdd8f04a0403aecb5.png

(I suppose, if one is prepared to expend around £100K for the 'basic' motorhome, an additional £14K for things that many buyers might consider highly desirable, or even essential, won't be a dealer-breaker.)

I don't know that I would like to be without Air Con and Cruise Control - and you may find the van would be less desirable as a used vehicle without the Lux pack

Surely the Tyre repair kit is an essential item! 

Perhaps you need to clarify what comes in the standard spec, and work from there?

Having recently experienced an unnecessary activation of my autonomous emergency braking system on my MG4 EV it’s one thing I would definitely ditch. With a car following (too close it has to be said) I consider it more dangerous than my own intuition of when to brake in an emergency.

Others are correct though. When it comes to resale most of the goodies in the pack would help seal the deal at a better price.

David

12 hours ago, Globebuster1 said:

...Perhaps you need to clarify what comes in the standard spec, and work from there?

A long technical data listing (but no prices) for the Adria Twin Max 680 SLB model can be found here.

https://www.adria-mobil.com/api/designed-for-you/technical-data-pdf?gama_parent=Twin Max&layout=680-slb&model=

(Oddly,  a "Tire repair kit: compressor and tire sealant" is listed as standard AND as optional.)

In principle, it should be possible to specify just the alloy wheel option when ordering a new Twin Max 680 SLB: in practice, it may not be. It's quite common for motorhome builders to 'package' options together at a price that is less than the overall cost of those options individually and to stick rigidly to that policy. 

I can easily believe an Adria dealer might encourage a potential buyer of a Twin Max 680 SLB to opt for the LuxPack Auto (as it's simple), but to state that "nobody orders such a vehicle without this option" makes me wonder exactly how many UK buyers there have been of this expensive panel-van-conversion and the reliability of  that statement.

This Brownhills advert for a Adria Twin Max 680 SLB carries an asking-price of £113,600

https://www.brownhills.co.uk/11144-man-adria-twin-max-680-slb-first-edition-180bhp-auto.html

so, even without the LuxPack, the 'basic' price will be around £100K.

If I were in Colin's position and really unhappy to spend an extra £14K for a fixed set of 12 optional items when I only wanted 2 or 3 of them, I'd make it clear to the vendor that their being unable or reluctant to order the motorhome with just the options I chose would result in me not placing the order.

On 02/04/2024 at 19:26, Globebuster1 said:

I don't know that I would like to be without Air Con and Cruise Control - and you may find the van would be less desirable as a used vehicle without the Lux pack

Surely the Tyre repair kit is an essential item! 

Perhaps you need to clarify what comes in the standard spec, and work from there?

The basic van has A/C, the 'extra' is the auto part.

This link is to the brochure for the MAN TGE commercial van range.

https://www.man.eu/ntg_media/media/content_medien/doc/bw_uk_1/van_5/man-tge-product-brochure-uk.pdf

Some of the items shown in the Adria LuxPack are described in more detail (eg. Climatronic air-con, the navigation system and the Light & Vision pack) and - on Page 42 - MAN's own 'attractively priced' optional equipment packages are shown.

I can't find a UK price list for the MAN TGE, but a GOOGLE-search on crafter panel van price list will retrieve a .pdf file for the VW "Crafter" clone.

45 minutes ago, Derek Uzzell said:

I can't find a UK price list for the MAN TGE, but a GOOGLE-search on crafter panel van price list will retrieve a .pdf file for the VW "Crafter" clone.

If you "configure" a van on the MAN website, the options available are presented with a GBP price for each.

As there are a lot of options, it's not a process I'd recommend unless you have a solid interest, or want to idle away an afternoon....   😉