Glasses

howie

Don,t be cruel to a heart thats true. Not his greatest fan I suppose but still enjoyed all his songs they,ve put out today.

One for all you true Elvis fans out there.

What was his last great hit.

The bathroom floor.

heartbreak hotel

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

seriously though folks - I was a big Elvis fan - discovered him in Blue Hawaii, but I know it's a well worn cliche but his talent was sold out - so,

give me the rocker everytime

so, who wrote baby I don't care

and 'when' did he sing it

B-)

before my time tho it was,

Advert for a static caravan in one of the free papers yesterday, "36x12 Bermuda sighted at popular south coast resort". Did,nt realise they were so rare.

Anyway, had my glasses this morning and as expected a huge improvement. Just a little bit of a yucky feeling wearing them but hopefully this will go after a while when I get used to them. Anythings better than squinting at those 40ftx40ft motorway signs trying to make out the directions and wording though. 8-)

Hope you are now happy with your new specs Howie.

Something occured to me while reading through this thread - whatever happened to the flip-up sunglasses - the sort that clipped onto the lenses of your ordinary specs? I remember that my dad used to wear them.

Not that I wish to obtain any, as I don't need specs for driving. However, despite all the old jokes that I seem to recall that mainly featured those males towing caravans and wearing cloth caps & flip-up sunglasses (yup, that man WAS my dad, bless him, and he also smoked a pipe!), they seemed to be quite a good idea.

Are they still around?

Vixter

They are still around Vicky and were advertised a week or two back in one of those magazine supplements you get with the sunday papers. Never worn them and always looked like some fashion statement, although they seem like a practical idea as well. Laser treatment is now down to about £500 per eye, which is something I considered, but in the meantime i,ll struggle on with my reading, putor, telly, tinted for day and clear for night driving glasses.

Ain't it a nightmare! And you can bet that whatever it is you want to do, you have got the wrong ones with you. Both me and the other half have resorted to dangling old pairs of specs around our necks on a cord. It sort of helps...until you try to take a sweater off & end up almost throttled.

Vixter

Archived