Vet & overnight stop in Germany

peterjl

Hi

I've taken dog to the vet a few times in France and that has worked well but i have no experience of vets in Germany (by rights they should be extremely effecient!)

Off to the Dolomites shortly and, after reading the recent thread on routes to Venice, I will be returning via Koln. So three questions

1) does anybody know a good vet in the direction of Koln (someone in a smallish town not too far from motorway in the general area would be great)

2)if not is there a german equiv of yellow pages and has anybody used successfully

3)Finally can anybody recommend a good overnight stop in that general area?

Many thanks

Peter

Hi Peter

We're regular visitors to Germany - in fact off tomorrow for 3 weeks!!

Yes there is a German equivalent to our yellow pages, which does have listings for vets. Never used them ourselves as we don't take the dogs.

There are a few o/night stays in the area of Koln, just need to know whether you want a proper site or a stellplatz.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Thai

Hi

"There are a few o/night stays in the area of Koln, just need to know whether you want a proper site or a stellplatz."

I must admit to knowing nothing about "Stellplatz"!

As its just an overnight on the road I would take either a site or an Aire type stop.

If you have some address (sat nav POI's) for either in the Koln area that would be very useful

Where do you recommend?

Peter

Hi

"There are a few o/night stays in the area of Koln, just need to know whether you want a proper site or a stellplatz."

I must admit to knowing nothing about "Stellplatz"!

As its just an overnight on the road I would take either a site or an Aire type stop.

If you have some address (sat nav POI's) for either in the Koln area that would be very useful

Where do you recommend?

Peter

Archived