Sim only phone account for europe

Does anybody have experience of orange holiday phone sim, everybody on the forums seems to be discussing data sims,all we want is sim for a spare phone in case our uk based providers fail us while away as they have in the past.

Can't speak about Orange, but I use Smarty Sims for myself and wife (£7.20 each for 16Gb) unlimited calls in UK and EU, also from EU to UK (but not UK to EU). It is a rolling 30 day contract and can be paused for 6 months before renewing or lapsing.

https://smarty.co.uk/all-plans#classic

I also have a Lebarra SIM at £5 for 5gb cost. It is also a 30 day contract and has unlimited calls in UK and 100 minutes international calls included.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

If you buy via uSwitch then you can get it for £1.49 for the first 3 months

Davy

An AsdaMobile (on Vodafone's net in the UK) pay as you go SIM is a good travel back up. You're supposed to top it up and make a call or text every 6 months to keep it active but I've gone longer than this several times and it keeps going and I've never lost any credit from my a/c. Call/text rates are the same in the UK or EU+ roaming and are fine as a little/never used backup.

A 'bundle' lasting a month can be added while abroad if needs be; this adds the chosen amount of data plus unlimited calls + text for its duration. I've done this several times just to get some more data while travelling.