Info On Portugal

KD1

I will be heading into Portugal from Salamanca area of Spain late September and will spend about a month or so touring around,before heading for the Algarve for Nov & Dec,and then head into Spain where I,ve spent the last 9 winters.Any information regarding Portugal on Wild Camping,Campsites,places to visit or avoid would be of great help,bearing in mind that my Frankia is 8.5m x 3.4m high.Many thanks,and what a great Forum with a wealth of useful information.

There are two nice and very large campsites at Armacao de Pera, 25 miles west of Faro. Only problem: pitch demarcation and allocation is by the Anarchy System - and your average Portguese tenter has a PhD in anarchy!

Last month I counted 36 motorhomes (most of them Portguese registered) wild-camped on the Armacao waterfront - and nobody seemed to give a damn.

We shall also be heading down to Portugal in Sept for the 4th year running, you wont have any problems finding wild camping spots. Have a look at this web page i found it very useful the first time i went down, i have also found many more places to wild camp besides the ones listed. There are also some good sites at reasonable prices both on the west coast and the Algarve where prices are halvedd after Oct 1st.

http://www.motorhome-list.org.uk/travel.htm

Hope this is usful, if you want any more info then ddont be afraid to ask.

RD

Archived