MMM giveaway

Globetrotter

Guest caraprof
Champstar - 2007-08-16 4:45 PM What we seem to be missing is the point of the post...should we as loyal subscribers not be afforded the same benefits and more as to that of passing trade. Yes we do save a few quid on cost..but so do most other organisations offer savings to subscribers. I remember the plastic mac thing arriving in the post with the mag so why not every giveaway? I could just pick up the mag at the supermarket when doing shopping but decided to subscribe to make sure I could get a copy after all we all pay for the mag upfront so why miss out whether or not the giveaway is worth 1p or 100 pounds is not the point.

These promotions exist for one thing, and one thing only, to attract new readers, so why go to the trouble and expense of also sending them to all existing subscribers?

I bank with Alliance and Leicester, which is currently offering 12% interest for a relatively small amount saved each month for one year. This offer doesn't apply to me as an existing customer but I can't get too excited about that I'm afraid as I realise that if A & L was forced to offer it to all of its clients, it wouldn't even do it in the first place.

We have a choice with MMM. Accept the convenience and money-saving that we get with our subscriptions, or buy it over the counter, pay more but get the odd little freebie.

There is, in my opinion no moral or legal reason why Warners should have to give the freebies to existing subscribers - we are on a totally different deal and anyone who doesn't like it can opt out tomorrow.

I am not a subscriber I wait until I see a low priced offer for a 12 month period. That all. By the time the offer comes round again everything is new and makes more interesting reading, otherwise ite repetative.

Anything extra that is interesting or unusual pops up on this forum so I save even more than you lot.

Thankyou for contributing !

Champstar - 2007-08-16 4:45 PM

What we seem to be missing is the point of the post...should we as loyal subscribers not be afforded the same benefits and more as to that of passing trade.

Yes we do save a few quid on cost..but so do most other organisations offer savings to subscribers.

Another point that is being missed here is why do magazine publishers want people to subscribe? The obvious reason is that posting out direct saves them a lot of money on distribution costs, i.e. they do not have to employ a very costly distribution network and also remember most retailers have newspapers and magazines on sale or return, that's why you see not too far out of date mags on stalls in the local markets, so having direct sales gives a cost saving in terms that they know what to print with no wastage. My view is a subscriber should be offered exactly the same as any other purchaser and the notion that having a give away such as the one being discussed here is to attract people in large enough numbers is a nonsense IMO.

Bas

Archived