Fiat temperature gauge

A W

Hello,

The temperature gauge on my Fiat 2.8 JTD goes to the midway position the second I turn the ignition on and then moves to the red on a journey.That can be disconcerting.

Has anyone any thoughts on what can be done please?

I thought about letting WD40 do its stuff on the sender unit,that is if I knew where it is!!

I am glad I spotted this topic.

You might be interested in my story of what happened in Luxemburg.

I helped jump start a local chap who had left his radio on.

Next morning I noticed exactly the same - temp gauge half way. I was quite concerned about this, and after a few days decided to disconnect the battery and reconnect after a min or two to reset the managemnet system etc. Gauge then worked normally.

What I should have done when jump starting another vehicle is switch my emgine and ignition off. To be on the safe side I do not think I will be so obliging to give someone a jump start again using the Motothome, just in case.

Hope this helps - just disconnect the battery for a few mins and reconnect.

Jon.

Ah,

Gave us a heart attack in France on route to the lakes one day .

It was red hot and all of a sudden I happened to look down and it was on hot . Hubby instantly said pull over which I did we decided to mmake it back to the campsite rather than carry on to the lakes for the day.

We call the Breakdown recovery unit from the campsite very good is our Safegard they sent out a man who told us it had to go to the garage obviously we were worried we ended up in La Sur Yon by the lake for the night and in the morning they had a look .

Turns out it was the temprature sender it was faulty once we knew it was safe with all the tests that they run on it we drove home to England no probs where they mended it here costing nothing.

happy ending for us.

Hi

Go to an auto electrician and have them run a test.

My citroen car did something similar the other month - my local auto sparks plugged it into his machine (£25) - let it run for a while and hey presto found the problem - new sensor required (£28) - with a little bit of labour it was all sorted.

At the very least £25 to run a diagnosis is good value.

Peter

Archived