Ultraseal

Old Git

I can relate to the facts shown on the last post as we have just put Ultraseal into our Smart car,

trailer & Honda car tyres. My husband did the installation himself and it was very straight forward - he

got quicker, the more he did! He used a compressor to re-inflate the tyres and will be repeating the process

when we pick our new Dakota up on Saturday.

When he did the first installation it was on the Smart car & I had been complaining for a few weeks that the

fuel consumption was quite a lot higher than 6 months before. He checked the pressure and found it was 25%

below what it should be ( I know we should have checked before but that's another lesson learned!)

Since putting the Ultraseal in the fuel costs are back on track and after the first 2 - 3 miles we felt no difference

in "tyre balance". We will certainly be checking the pressures regularly and will report back after our holiday how

they hold up - expected mileage about 2,000 MH and 700 ish in Smart car (Italian Lakes)..... B-) Sorry guys - about 3 more posts by the time I'd finished tapping......

Syd - 2007-08-29 10:43 AM

email advice I have received and accepted, all I have to do now is to decide wether to put tyron bands onto the Sedona first

Syd, you need 15.5 units per car tyre (215/65 R15) and it’s best to put half a bottle (12.5 units) in each caravan tyre (175/70 R14) so you will need 112 units altogether.

We can do a 5 bottle kit (containing 125 units) for only £97.50 all included.

Suggest you do a bit more research Syd - you must have got the taste for it now!! First question - why does the caravan tyre need less than the car tyre, when the caravan tyre is marginally bigger??

The table of quantities for different tyres which was actually in the box with the Ultraseal states that half a bottle (12.5 units) is the correct amount for 215/70/15 tyres - and the same amount for a few other sizes as well. Therefore I don't think it is all that critical, but going back to the beginning of this thread I came to the conclusion that the problems Bruce had and reported were most likely caused by putting too much in. (See earlier posts to save repeating here.)

15.5 units per tyre means you have to buy extra and waste most of it. 12.5 units per tyre leaves no waste at all. I wonder if this is a bit of "marketing" to get you to fork out for TWO extra bottles more than you need?????

If you agree with my data (and it was in the Ultraseal box as I said!) you would need precisely 3 bottles, not the 5 you are being offered at a "bargain" price. A saving of nearly 40 quid!!

Incidentally, the sticker on the side of the bottle with lines to indicate the contents at each level IS accurate. Looking at it you would swear it's been stuck on too high (or low, depending which way up) but I poured all my jollop out and measured it, then put 12.5 units back in. It was spot on.

Tyron bands - hmmmmm?? Don't know. Tyre depots don't like them as they cause extra hassle, and therefore almost certainly further depletion of your wallet contents.

Hi Old Git

All of your points are accepted, thank you.

I have said that I will take the offer so I will go ahead with it now, I will fill the spare/s too with the surplus.

Tyron bands are a well proven safety aid, used by the police etc etc etc. As I tend to travel rather large distances when I go anywhere it follows that I have to get a move on to get to my destination before the bar closes, so it is sensible for me to build in as much safety as I can.

At the moment I'm very lucky to be in the position where the effect on the wallet is not a consideration but I know about the extra costs involved, I will always go back to the tyre company who I will be getting them from with the new tyres so we will see when/if the time come.

My next addition will be the new "Black Box" coming from Alko in October, it fits underneath the caravan and is connected to the brakes. If it detects any swaying in the caravan it electronically applies the caravan brakes. Comes in at just under £500 but will save me having to "lift off" when she sways (Joke)

Thanks for the good advice, please keep looking after me cos I'm one of lifes natural idiots

Syd - 2007-08-29 9:40 PM

Thanks for the good advice, please keep looking after me cos I'm one of lifes natural idiots

Pleased if it helped you Syd.

We natural idiots should stick together - if we get a few more to join the club we'll out-IQ Einstein between us.

• 2 weeks later...

Final report as promised - after a reaonable run.

Just did 260 miles round trip, most of it on motorways - though admittedly only at a steady 60mph because I can't be bothered to keep overtaking the lorries. (There were a couple of bursts of about 75mph to get past very slow lorries.) No sign whatever of wheel unbalance or any other detectable symptom. Would not have known it was there if I hadn't put it there myself.

Others have testified that it works very effectively, so it seems to be all OK.

Regards

Dave

• 1 month later...
Old Git - 2007-09-11 7:00 PM

Final report as promised - after a reaonable run.

Just did 260 miles round trip, most of it on motorways - though admittedly only at a steady 60mph because I can't be bothered to keep overtaking the lorries. (There were a couple of bursts of about 75mph to get past very slow lorries.) No sign whatever of wheel unbalance or any other detectable symptom. Would not have known it was there if I hadn't put it there myself.

Others have testified that it works very effectively, so it seems to be all OK.

Regards

Dave

I add my final report

After having ultraseal fitted and having just completed 3758 miles at 10pm last night I can report absolutely no change in the vehicle and having just checked each tyre with the same pressure guage as used to test before the start of our holiday there is absolutely no change in tyre pressure in any of the 10 tyres.

The conclusion has to be that this stuff may do what it say's on the bottle

Archived