Christmas camping sugestions....

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Thinking of taking our new winterized van to the Alps for Christmas. Would prefer fully featured sites. So far all I can find is l’escale at grand Bernard and the one Michele went to last year “Du Glasier” which she really enjoyed.

Any one been to these and any other recommendations?

What would south of France be like?

Wondering what Cornwall would be like at Christmas as well? – Any suggestions? For anywhere really....

Guest JudgeMental

So far, l'escale at Grand Bornard looks the best bet...

no snow last year but OK previous four years. They still ski as they make artificial snow from a lake

• 1 month later...
Guest JudgeMental

As there was no snow last year at l'escale at Grand Bornard I was in two minds. but it looks a good bet as walking distance into town and it has good facility's. a few people over on MHF highly recommend it as well.

have had a change of heart and booked a Caribbean cruise out of Miami for the Christmas period instead....

JudgeMental - 2007-08-18 2:58 PM

Wondering what Cornwall would be like at Christmas as well? – Any suggestions? For anywhere really....

Cornwall at Christmas......well, could be wonderful, then again could be wet and windy!!!!

However, if you do make it this way, there are a few all year sites, and a very good one near Truro, Carnon Downs, just on the A39, with good public transport to Truro and Falmouth. Exc toilet rooms, and facilities. (PS I have no iconnection to the site, except that quite a few Motorhoming friends of ours have stayed there!)

However, I expect they are already fully booked for the Christmas period.....

Hi

In january we went to Le Plan in La Clusaz - good site with a great ski bus down to village which is about 20/30 minutes walk away; this is the next valley over from the site you are talking about. We will probably return in Jan next year.

If you really want sites set up for sking and winter weather look at the dolomites in N Italy - beautiful well maintained sites - we have promused ourselves a winter out there when i retire in 2 years (i need more holiday)

Also nice sites in Austria (Wolfuglutz in Sell am Zee) and also around interlaken Switzerland - interlaken also has a great train/lift/bus system so you can park up and get about on local transport.

Peter

Archived