Water heating

spannerman

i had the same thought (to fit the electric element), but after using the system i found i didnt need it.

I wanted to be fully independant of the campsite/pitch leccy, when required, so got refillable tanks fitted instead. The gas does last an age, so i'm happy with the choice i made

spannerman:

The UK 2006 Truma-brochure price of the 230V electrical heating-collar kit was £200.58 (VAT inc.). Fitting the collar to the Combi heater is very straightforward and quick IN PRINCIPLE. The problem, in practice, is actually being able to gain sufficient working room around the heater to carry out the task and in many (probably most) cases the complete heater will need to be removed to allow the collar to be added. (Obviously you also have to arrange for a 230V power source, install the control-panel, etc.)

Although the heating-collar kit is surprisingly effective considering it only uses 450W, it really needs to be fitted as a factory option when a motorhome is being built. For anyone considering a retro-fit, my advice is don't bother.

Archived