le touquet aire

peterjl

Hi

This area is mentioned in lots of threads but i can't find out where it is.

My last o/n at the calais aire resulted in an abortive attempt to steal our bikes - i understand le touguet is quieter/safer - but where is it. Sat nav co-ordinates would be much appreciated

many thanks

PETER

Guest JudgeMental
Terrytraveller - 2007-08-23 2:40 PM

Hi Peter,

Hope the map is of some help, of the two aires represented by a red X, I prefer the one at the top of the image, which has some nice walks towards the beach.

Regards Terry

Ditto,

the lower one which I presume is the equestrian center was (two weeks ago) taken over by a large contingent of travelers. most people head for port one which fills up quickly and use the equestrian centre as an overspill...

situation may have changed now

Hi Eddie,

I've seen infestations of travellers on 'our/my' aires many times! :-D - the French Police usually turf them out within a few hours, they don't even give them time to make a mess - terrific response times.

Mind you - they have set up traveller sites only, within short distances of the regular town sited aires.

Regards Terry

You know what we use all.

The equestrian as Judge said had a pyke invasion . The Yatch Club was next to full although its a nice place as Terry said The Aerodrome is good we find it is empty you are on your own we have often wondered about parking there but the police seem to patrol it and have never once knocked and asked us to move.

But the latest is the Aire just as you leave Le Touquet there is also one on aproach I think it is the Aire Du Falaise but cannot remember anyway you can see them on aproach to le Touqet and on leaving they cannot be mistaken as they have the giant windmills.

They are only small but we have over the years never had any problems recently like Judge said we went to the equestrian to be invaded by the travellers we moved onto the Yatch Club and we were hounded by a rather strange fellow who wouldn't leave us alone we decided to up sticks and just go for the Aire and a good decision a peacful night by all accounts.

Terry forgot to add not only had the travellers taken over the Equestrian Centre they had also taken over the field that joins . If you go to the top of the Gallery the whole show jumping ring was full of them.

Guest JudgeMental

I should add, we where only there one night on return trip from Italy - but it was not peaceful!. there was a lot of activity in adjoining car park with people shouting and scuttling around amongst motorhomes during the night......

whether travelers or revelers I cant say *-)

Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2007-08-24 6:12 PM

Not to our knowledge but I just park at the airport in the big car park.

Yeah but, your a bit of a tinker anyway..... :-D

• 1 month later...

Archived