I officially a grumpy old man

We are in Scandinavia, drove up through Sweden ( mostly fairly empty campsites this time of year) hopped over to Narvik and then south through Norway. Last time we were in Norway, 2013, we only saw one Uk Moho and most camp sites empty. Now, Uk moho’s seem a dime dozen, all the campsites are busy. Currently in Geiranger ( empty in 2013) which is packed with moho’s plus two cruise ships so the place is heaving.

i know that life is changing, and becoming busier, and it’s very selfish to want to keep these place# empty, BUT for me, it has taken the adventure away. I travel to get away from the British and tourists in general. Now moho’s are everywhere and everywhere is busy. 

I still enjoy travelling, Norway is stunning, but some of the magic has been diluted.

Thats it, rant over 

Peter

I was in France for most of May and late April and came across only two english folk which for us is a bonus as like you we go there to get away from English tourists.Yes I know I am one but after 13 years I really do not want their input. One was a single chap who walked by and spoke to us and actually was a very nice person but another was a couple with a lady that we wished hadn't spoken. We actually decided to move on because of her!

We have been motorhomers since 1987 so we are almost forty years old on the road.
I confess that I have been thinking about selling it for a few years.
Too many motorhomes around, rudeness reigns everywhere, from the Algarve to the North Cape.

We have already been to Norway three times.
In my 2021 travel report I wrote:
During the first trip I said that a caravan was parked outside every Norwegian house. Sites used almost exclusively.
During the second that 90% of the caravans had been replaced by a more or less large motorhome.
We began to see a good amount of Norwegian motorhomes around and I also noticed some first signs of intolerance from the population, especially on the islands.
On this last trip the amount of motorhomes in circulation was completely exaggerated, to the Norwegians we must add the foreigners.
In Å the first time a small parking lot was enough, the second time the large one was 20% occupied, this year we couldn't move; 90% of the capacity occupied by motorhomes.
Despite the Allemanretten law, signs prohibiting motorhomes are starting to appear, replacing the previous generic "no camping" signs of dubious interpretation and application.
Even in short stretches it is easy to come across dozens of motorhomes, most of them demanding to stop in free places.

I think I will take my last long trip this year, I am still undecided between Turkey and our fourth Norway, and then really...

Max

I hesitate to say it but Sweden is still good for moho’s. Yes, increasing numbers but over last year and this year, in May June, still plenty of space in sites and no problems with finding space off sites. 
I don’t think we will come to Norway again. Perhaps Finland or the Baltic states?

14 hours ago, peterjl said:

Perhaps Finland or the Baltic states?

In Sweden we went up to Mora, called the "gateway to Lapland".
Then, on a trip to Norway we visited Sami places like Arvidsjaur, Gallivare and Jokkmokk.
Everything was beautiful even if a bit monotonous.

The Finnish lake region is beautiful.
Our itinerary in the region took us to Helsinki – Porvoo – Juva - Savonlinna – Kerimaki – Punkaharju – Joensuu – Jyväskylä – Haralanharju – Tampere – Turku - Nantali – Espoo – Helsinki.

Next will itinerary will start from Langnas (ferry from Aland Islands)
Turku
Rauma UNESCO
Sammallahdenmäki UNESCO Necropolis
Petäjävesi - UNESCO Church
Jyvaskyla
Verla UNESCO
Kääpälä
Mikkeli
Puumala
Ruokolahti
Laukansaari - Finnish Forest Museum
Yla Koli
Lentiira (Brown Bear center)
Kemijärvi
Saariselkä (Urho Kekkonen National Park)

We have also visited the Baltic States but it would be too long to talk about them here.

Max