Which scooter??

WigBilly

Hi all, well I'm presently contemplating a German motorhome with a rear garage large enough to house a 49cc scooter, rather than mount it across the rear of the vehicle where it's at constant risk from vandals or theft. Quite fancy a low-profile Dethleffs 'Advantage', which has a pretty roomy garage, only problem being that it's just 41" high, and the Peugeot 'Speedfight 2' scooter I've taken a shine to has a handlebar height of 45"...does anyone know of a current 49cc model with a fixed handlebar height significantly lower than this, or where the bars can easily be lowered to facilitate upright storage??

Are you discounting the mirrors in your calculations ?

The reason I ask is that I have a copy of What Bike magazine and it shows the scooter with the mirrors sticking up a good 4 to 6 inchs.

It's probably worth your while getting a copy of this magazine as it shows many of the current scooters with the weights and an opinion of the machines.

Guest JudgeMental
I would get down to a bike shop armed with a tape measure and hope to get some proper advice as well. don't forget weight issues...

Archived