Scottish midges again

Ranger

Are the dreaded Scottish midges moving south???????????? A friend of mine on his way back from Scotland, did a stop-over at the North Yorkshire Railway and his van was invaded by midges, he had to do a major spray job to kill them off. Yesterday I got some nasty bites here in Swansea. Area around the bites swollen and needed treatment, as per Scottish midge bites. My fault! I should have gone away in the 'van for the bank holiday, instead of staying home for our B-B-Q.

Garlic has to be eaten daily. I used to feed my dogs garlic capsules to help keep fleas away.

When we stayed near Eilean Donan Castle 2 years ago there was a midge repellent up the garden in the form of a powered machine which drew the critters in. Something to do with the smell? I saw one advertised in a 'sunday supplement for sale booklet' recently for garden use ........ you know the booklets that no one buys from (?) (?)

I've been bitten regularly during this 'summer', probably due to damp conditions around our ponds ........

Archived