Boxer Radio

armstrongpiper

I have an Autosleeper on a 2006 Boxer Cab. The radio is a pain, in that when switched on, starts at a low volume and you have to either divert your attention from the road to turn it up, or even get out of bed to do same!! Does anyone know how to set it to start at same volume when switched off? The vehicle handbook doesn't help, nor do Peugeot people.

Neil B

Ring Charles Trevelyan at Autosleeper Customer Services. 01386 853511

I think there may be a work-around, though I never found it. I've now updated to the Sevel X250 base vehicle, and that's even more of a pain. The radio switches off after 20 minutes, and there is no solution it appears.

is the radio switching off thing ......does it happen when driving or just parked....I fitted my own radio but it does not work when key not in ignition.

Forgive my stupidness..just wondered what the problem is that veryone keeps talking about (?) (?)

Champstar - 2007-08-27 5:38 PM

is the radio switching off thing ......does it happen when driving or just parked....I fitted my own radio but it does not work when key not in ignition.

Forgive my stupidness..just wondered what the problem is that veryone keeps talking about (?) (?)

Not stupid at all.

Have a look at "Fiat ducatto radio" on Hints and tips. On the new X250 the radio is fine when driving, but when parked (with the ignition off) it switches off after 20 minutes. Either switching the ignition back on briefly, or by pressing the "On" button of the radio will get it going again for a further 20 minutes.

As you will see from the thread (above) there appears to be no solution in the case of the new Sevel X250. There was a work-around on the previous Fiat, Peugeot etc. base vehicle, by wiring direct to a non-switched electrical feed I presume.

As far as I've been able to discover, if a similar work-around was tried on the X250 the central computor would completely shut down and immobilise the vehicle - "thinking" there was a theft in progress. Not the result we are looking for if this is correct - but Fiat don't seem too keen to give out much detailed information.

Can't help any more I fear.

davenewell@home - 2007-08-27 6:40 PM

I was replying to Armstrong Piper Old Git but many people's questions could be answered like this.

D.

Quite agree Dave, but I think you may be doing him an injustice on this occasion.

I too was fed up with the volume control always reverting to a pre-set low level, and I swear there was nothing in the manual about it :'( . I even asked Autosleepers and they couldn't fix it either.

Presumably if you left the ignition switched on all evening so that you could listen to the repeat of 'womans hour' and burnt out the coil (i'm showing my age here... do they still use a coil ?) or whatever ? Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen would reject your warranty claim as 'Misuse'.

A bit Hypocritical Methinks as the Radio in a Motorhome is for listening to in longer than 20 minute 'chunks'.

Surely too, Fiats 'new stance' as main suppliers to the motorhome 'world' makes their excuse ' Van drivers are always leaving their Radio's on and flatening their batteries' a bit lame. ??

Come on, give us a Radio that doesn't cut out half way through 'Dick Barton Special agent' :D

Geof & Angi - 2007-09-02 10:02 PM

Hi,Smae chassis same radio, turns on @ low volume and will only stay on for 20 mins when key turned off. I to have yet to sus it and would also be happy to learn a way around both

Geof

You should find the solution to your problem here http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4779&posts=35

D.

• 2 months later...
I have come across a solution to this problem, provided by a friend from autosleepers club. First remove the radio fuse, then remove radio from dash using recommended tools taking care of dash as you do so.Separate wires.Cut yellow/blue wire, insulate this wire from the loom,and solder radio end onto the red wire and insulate. This bypasses the radio cut out. but be warned this can drain a battery over time if vehicle not used regularly. A switch could be fitted to prevent this. I have a solar panel fitted so this is not a problem . Hope this helps, it took me a long time to find this. I have a 2003 peugeot . may be different on later models.

I fitted a new radio/CD and used the fix Scoones suggested. If you keep the old radio with this fix battery drain is a problem as the radio seems to be on a standby setting 24/7. Battery will be completely flat after a day or two.

Radio I fitted was a Sony and came with a remote control so you can switch it on and off while laying in bed (luxury) I changed van recently but still have the Sony radio so if you are interested in purchasing it please send PM.

New van is a Transit and the radio is on exactly the same system ie. You turn it on and it switches itself off automatically – after 60 mins this time rather than 20 mins!!!!

Archived