Brownhills again.

Fourwheels

Champstar - 2007-08-27 5:34 PM

Heard another rumour on another forum that Swift were not happy with the number of complaints about the said dealer and were seeking a meeting with them...is this at last the manufacturers sitting up and taking notice!!! *-)

Hmm, called into Brownhills Swindon 'while passing' on Tuesday for a browse: didn't see any new Swifts there ...... but maybe they're all sold out ....

Harvey

Guest JudgeMental

surprised they are EuraMobil importers, EuraMobil need there heads examined.

They never have them at showa or exhibitions, hardly promote them at all.

Its all Hymer with them.....

Euramobil are part of the French Trigano Group. With such a large plethora of brands, they need to spread their dealer net wide else they'd be selling all the brands through the same dealers - a fairly self-defeating process.

They own: CI, Roller Team, Autotrail, Benimar, Chausson, Challenger (their original marque), Autostar, Euramobil, Karmann, Caravelair, Sterkemann, Trigano, Arca, Font Vendome, Raclet, La Racelle, as well as several of the major Eiropean makers of trailers and a major caravan/motorhome accessories chain.

They sold almost 600m Eiros worth of motorhomes in 2006 and plan to build 30,000 a year by 2009 (year after next).

The share price has gone from about 2 Euros throughout 1998 and 1999 to 38 Euros by end 2006 - not a bad punt!

Mel E

====

i heard from a certain sales manager that nick page has left as other people have said they dont reply to emails perhaps this is the reason that nick page has not replied to the 10+ emails i have sent regarding their crap service department ( sorry for any spelling I am in france trying to use a french keyboard)

on another point simon hythe ( sales manager has left for swift)

i was also told brownhills will no longer stock hobbys, lunar,and one other make which slips my mind (?)

chrispease - 2007-08-31 1:16 PM

i heard from a certain sales manager that nick page has left as other people have said they dont reply to emails perhaps this is the reason that nick page has not replied to the 10+ emails i have sent regarding their crap service department ( sorry for any spelling I am in france trying to use a french keyboard)

New CEO Tom Booth, but he only apparently started this week.

Fourwheels - 2007-08-31 3:19 PM

chrispease - 2007-08-31 1:16 PM

New CEO Tom Booth, but he only apparently started this week.

And looking at the statement on the Brownhills web site, he is a guy who actually uses a Motorhome (^) *-) So hopefully will be in tune with Customers :->

Bit of a long story but I have always tied to use LOCAL traders in the belief that if you don't use them you loose them.

Anyway I turned up one day to find that "MY" girl there had left, she was so good at her job.

Anyway no one at the dealers knew where she had gone to and that dealers service became increasingly more difficult to use.

Today I went looking for "MY" girl and eventually discovered her working at, wait for it, yes your right, BROWNHILLS.

This lady, already spoken for by her partner, and me as second reserve, really knows her stuff and their shop carries everything that I have been looking for for ages

Brownhills at Birtley, Jackie is her name, have a look in there she is good.

Syd - 2007-09-02 12:00 AM

Bit of a long story but I have always tied to use LOCAL traders in the belief that if you don't use them you loose them.

Anyway I turned up one day to find that "MY" girl there had left, she was so good at her job.

Anyway no one at the dealers knew where she had gone to and that dealers service became increasingly more difficult to use.

Today I went looking for "MY" girl and eventually discovered her working at, wait for it, yes your right, BROWNHILLS.

This lady, already spoken for by her partner, and me as second reserve, really knows her stuff and their shop carries everything that I have been looking for for ages

Brownhills at Birtley, Jackie is her name, have a look in there she is good.

So often the case, build up a contact who you know will give you the service and can trust, they will often take business away with them.

Same applies in any trade, especially builders and plumbers.

Ordered my airconditioning unit at Brownhills on Monday afternoon and was told that it would be there before Friday. They telephoned me today to say that it had arrived.

Now is that good or what

Syd - 2007-09-05 12:50 AM

Ordered my airconditioning unit at Brownhills on Monday afternoon and was told that it would be there before Friday. They telephoned me today to say that it had arrived.

Now is that good or what

Hi Syd -

Seems to me that this was actually very good service by the Company supplying the air-con unit, not good service from Brownhills.

All Brownhills had to do was pick up the phone and place an order on their supplier.

What WOULD have been good service from Brownhills would have been if they'd always keep one of those air-con units in their own stock, so it was available to you for immediate fitment, and then they backordered from the supplier automatically as each on-stock unit was sold by them.

Then you'd only have had to go there once, rather than at least twice.

But there's of course a big cost-of-stock issue in doing that.

A better judgement of Brownhills prices/customer service/technician competence will perhaps be when you go back there to get the unit fitted (assuming that's what you're going to be doing).

Brownhills have their own spares department that they get their parts from and it is based at NEWARK so it was well done Brownhills anyway.

I mentioned the problems that have been aired on here and received the following un-official explanation

Newark is a huge site and a LOT of things happen there in a day plus they have a considerable turnover of staff but things are changing for the better.

All Newark's northern customers have been allocated to Birtley where they are going to have EVERYTHING done correctly

Syd - 2007-09-06 10:07 PM

Brownhills have their own spares department that they get their parts from and it is based at NEWARK so it was well done Brownhills anyway.

Syd I hate to burst your bubble but brownhills have their own spares dept its a shame they dont have anything in it ? would save people like me going up and down I,m still waiting for my occassional table for 1and a half years now. I give up .

Archived