Rear view mirrors

John.N

Many 'people carriers' have a mirror on a stalk outside the rear window which is angled vertically downwards. This seems to be the ideal solution to the problem of rear visibility when reversing.

I have searched many motor accessory shops and motorhome dealers for one but without success. Today I was told that these are a standard fitting on some imported 'people carriers' but are not yet available in this country as separate accessories.

Is this true, and if not can anyone tell me where I can obtain one please?

John

John,

My son sweras you can get them in halfords but don't trust him however Mothercare have some weird gadgets ? dont know if they would be able to help.

Failing that any chance you could make your own a good enough size mirror and I am sure you could come up with some gadget that would clamp on into your boot door . By the way is it for the car ?.

Or the in car safety centre I think thats what they are called.

My son'd correct they are on the Halfords website

They are standard on all Japanese marketed people carriers(for sale in Japan), and a good idea they are too, the mirror appears to be like a wide angle 'Fisheye' so don't think Halfords would stock the mirror and certainly not the bracket needed to mount it correctly.

You might get one from a breakers though. Toyota Lucida and Estima are two models that spring to mind that have them fitted. Good luck ! :D

Archived