1,000 mile free service

Old Git

This might be of interest to those lucky enough to have a new van.

Peugeot will no longer pay for the traditionally free 1,000 mile check-up - I don't know about Fiat etc. but they may not either. It has effectively been discontinued.

I rang my local garage (on another matter) which serviced the old van and the very pleasant lady in Reception asked if I was intending to bring the new one in for its free service. She obviously hadn't heard anything, so I asked her to check in case I had got it wrong.

Apparently the free check-up has been discontinued, but as a gesture of goodwill to an existing customer they offered me one anyway.

Restores your faith doesn't it, when you hear of so many places giving poor service, and well worth a positive mention here I think.

For anyone in the Worcester area it is St. Peter's Garage near the top end of the new bridge.

I had my 'free' service done yesterday (Actually it is the 'six month' service, and is hardly 'free' as it was part of the contract between me and Puegeot when I paid £34,000 plus on purchase). I doubt whether any Puegoet dealer would refuse to do this service if pressed, as it was paid for on buying the vehicle, even if one did not purchase the 'van from them. My local service centre did point out that they could not continue to service the vehicle in future as they lacked both the height and the size of lift to carry out anything but the lube service. I would suggest that anyone who is refused this first service warns the garage that they may well be in breach of the contract which exists between you and Peugoet.. :-S

• 1 month later...

My new van (being converted by myself) is a Volkswagen T5 LWB 174ps window van (now with a REIMO high top).

The first service will be due at somewhere between 15,000 an d 20,000 miles approx (variable service interval) or 2 years from first use.

So what's all this about a 1000 mile first service? I would have been back at the dealers within a month!

Archived