External screens

jaypoll

We have been unable to buy external insulating screens for the rear doors of our Renault Trafic ( new model).

Does anyone out there know of a source of the silver fabric used to

make these screens as we have decided to make them ourselves?.

We have tried using internal screens but are not impressed with them,

the condensation when they removed is awful.

The windows in our doors are the original glass ones fitted by Renault

and we now realize that we should have had plastic windows with

cassette blinds fitted. Hindsight is a great thing !!!

We have used Taylormade for qdd sized / shaped screens and motorbike covers as they will make to measure and their service is good and reasonably priced.

I haven't seen the fabric on a roll in the UK but in Spain many shops and dept stores stock it as they use it to line curtains to keep the strong sun out.

Hi there

I tried Silver Screens to make external ones for the back of our Duetto Transit. We had even worked out how to fix them but they just weren't interested. I asked about buying some material from them and adapting the old ones we had but was told they wouldn't do this as someone had previously bought some and then went into competition with them.

I was advised that Mike and Jane Jago from MMM were happy with the ones Silver Screens supplied to them to try (2 types) and they had kept one of each type.

If they won't do one off screens then they obviously have too much business and deserve the competition!

We tried to get them to do a one off for our 1st Frankia "A" class a few years ago and they were distinctly unhelpfull - What a difference when we went to Taylormade who not only did that screen but also cut out a pattern and made a special fit motorbike cover for us too.

Jana - 2007-09-01 7:11 PM

Hi there

I tried Silver Screens to make external ones for the back of our Duetto Transit. We had even worked out how to fix them but they just weren't interested. I asked about buying some material from them and adapting the old ones we had but was told they wouldn't do this as someone had previously bought some and then went into competition with them.

I was advised that Mike and Jane Jago from MMM were happy with the ones Silver Screens supplied to them to try (2 types) and they had kept one of each type.

Jana

I assume you meant that these are for the rear windows ? If so I would have thought that was endorsement enough for Silver Screens to justify running with the product.

Yes Flicka, exactly. I would have thought that as there are thousands of van conversions around, there is an opportunity for them to carve a niche there as no-one else has made them either.

We even sent them the idea for the design but they weren't very interested. They seem to be content with producing what they know, maybe they don't feel innovative anymore ?

Even making a one-off for us may have provoked a few remarks on site - oh where did u get those etc......... Frankkia says the same thing, but I know there are a few of those around and owners do talk you know ! So more sales lost there.

Oh well.

Archived