Hymer S Class 830

Puzzled

hi puzzled,

if it were a car, then always an auto as this is what mercedes do best, but with sprinter there are so many manuals about :-D - white van man! i've got a manual in the 680 and a sprintshift in the s740 which i think is great as you get the economy of a manual but the ease of an auto. a friend has an auto and reckons he gets 22mpg but thats with the now old 2.9l '01 reg. reliability shouldn't be a problem they sell enough of them to be well and truly tested :-D . it will also depend upon the engine, the 740 is a 416 which is 156bhp - don't know whether it's been chipped or not and if you put your foot down it outdrags cars off a roundabout (lol) the problem being fuel consumption suffers somewhat :-( .

simon

Hi Puzzled & welcome to this madhouse.

Just got back this A.M. after 3 extensive weeks touring Bavaria & other parts of Southern Germany.

We've got a brand new Starline 700 on a MB 416 chasis, with the 4 rear wheels, it's an auto & cruise control, and to say that I've been over the moon with it's performance on our latest escapades is an understatement.

Can't wait until our next chance to get away for a week-end break.

Thai

Just had another thought about the S830, pay great attention to the available payload as it is quite small for a large vehicle.

Our payload on the Starline 700 - with rear garage - is more than the S830's published payload.Look into this aspect very carefully as it could wind up to be a rather expensive mistake if you get it wrong.

Thai

Roy

No probs whatsoever with the water pressure.Very powerful, more so than our last van which was a B584.

You might need to check in your water tank to see there is any debris that's been picked up by the pump or on your pump itself.

You can PM me if you wish.

Thai

Archived