The Floods of 2007

tp002c784tp002c784tp

Hi All

as most forum members may know I was unlucky in the floods in July whilst on holiday, in the lovely Vale of Evesham and lost my beloved Lunar Telstar.

My question to Forum members have they been involved or heard of any more Motorhomes been lost due to the floods this summer, as I have not heard of anyone else losing there vehicles on this forum I was surprised when my insurance company informed me that they had hundreds of claims for motorhomes due to the floods?

Terry

Sorry for your campervan lose Terry. One thing that always sticks in my mind was that raging flood at Boscastle in Cornwall awhile back with that motorhome being thrown down the road and out into the harbour. No one was in it fortunatly and the owner was given a new one by a television company ( nice ) Hope you get sorted with a van soon and dont lose out on the incident. :'(

Hi,

Sorry OT again....remember that ferry that turned turtle somewhere in the channel, or whereever? I was told that there were 1800 claims for lost spouses (spice?). Perhaps in the case of a natural disaster, the ungoddly amongst us tend to put in spurious claims.

"Of course I can't bring my van for damage appraisal...it got washed away" :-D

On the friday I saw one motorhome been towed away from flood on the Worcester / Kidderminster road but not that deep I went through in vauxhall combo ok so may be just a wet engine. On the monday I saw some touring caravans that had been washed off site and were smashed up.

paul

Hi all

Thank you all for your kind thoughts about our loss, we now have the settlement of our insurance , Lost about £1K and this was on toys fitted, Insurance Co. would only pay Max. of £3K on extra fittings and Max. of £500 for any single item so a £650 alarm system you would only get £500 and so on.

We will be hot footing it down to the York show to look for another dream Motorhome and hope that there is not too many people in the same boat as us looking for our bargain, We had already paid for our four day ticket well in advance but its going to be hard to camp in a Vauxall Corsa. So it will be just BB for Friday night and hope we find something on Friday or Saturday , but hope to meet some of you in the MMM tent.

Dave

As you know Tewksbury received all of our flood water two days after us some i am not surprised some one elses motorhomes caught it.

Colin

I know of a salvage site that has 15 Motorhomes going for bids and they are classed as Cat "D" so the can be put bag on the road with ease and I beleive there is no mention of flood damage

Terry

:'( (lol)

Guest starspirit

I heard a rumour that one dealer moved IN several unsaleable vans and moved out several desirable vans whilst the water was rising?

Just a rumour so no names - sorry folks.

Archived