Motorhome trip to Ireland _ Help please!

Guest Mrs Wood

Guest Mrs Wood
Hello We are travelling in our motorhome my husband myself and my son to Ireland in August from Stranraer to Belfast. We will be travelling up through Northern Ireland around the coastal route then into Southern Ireland back to Belfast. Can anyone offer any advice please - Do you need to prebook any campsites in Ireland or is it possible just to turn up and stay where you fancy as you travel along, also is there any must see places to visit etc. Thanks for any advice it is greatley appreciated.

Guest Will Redfearn Wirral Motorhome Club
I found this on www.motorhomefacts.com it may be of interest, usual caveats apply. "Wild camping over here is easy and available, for example in the Wicklow mountains there are regular areas you can pull off on to, no facilities but no restrictions or charges. You can also wild camp in pub carparks although technically you do pay by purchasing a lot of Guinness 8O and you can use their toilets, even get your mobile charged up behind the bar..... The caravan club has some club sites there, you could also try the Irish Motorcaravnners Club c/o, Anna Doak, 38, Coronation Place, Lurgan,BT66 7AN tel.028-3834 6320 Cead meale failthe

Guest Roy Hamilton
Take a look at www.motorhome-list.org.uk/ireland.htm for a description of a wild camping tour around the country. when on the Antrim coast road if your outfit is large don't take the scenic route over Tor Head after Cushendall (towards Ballycastle) as it has sharp bends on steep hills. Have a good time amongst the friendly people of both parts of Ireland.

I live in the irish republic and I would be delighted to give you any information re. campsites and plases of interest along your route

Hi there We 'did' the top half of Ireland last year for 2 weeks, across to Belfast then up to the northern coast, along the top and down the west coast a bit then in and around a Loch, then across and back up to Belfast - terrific! There is a lovely forest campsite at Glenariff which is great, and then a lovely area to walk in about a mile away - just show your camping receipt in the car park and you can park for free - pitch in the open not near the trees - the local midges got the foreigners!!! If you want to get in touch with me I'll send you details of where we stayed and some of the bits that are really not to be missed as there are too many to list here. There are some wonderful free night stops with beautiful scenery where you won't be troubled. Email is: micromaniacsclub@yahoo.co.uk Regards Mel

Archived