motorhome covers.

panagah

I was thinking of buying a roof cover for our NESSIE. Although I know they need to be breathable I was wondering how effective they are at keeping hte rain off and preventing any water ingress.

Does anyone have any experience of using covers? The one Ive been looking at is made by Fiama.

do not touch the flamma one with a bargepole, we brought one, put it on van for two months had marks from cover and scratches, We think its due to the fact you can only secure it so much then the wind gets under the unsecured parts and rubs cover against paintwork, so any little bits of dust etc act as an abrasive, Tried to contact flamma about it not interested and dealer said oh never had this problem before!

We've seen the Fiamma ones in the flesh as it were - they are like the 'crisp packet' material that some cheap plastic gazebos are made of, not much better than a cheap plastic tarp you can get from the numerous discount shops in my opinion. Wouldn't touch one!

I have been using a 'Protec' fitted cover for the last three winters, not cheap to buy, but I have no complaints, I live in a VERY windy area and the cover has always stayed put and not damaged the bodywork.

Before it gets covered I give the van a good wash,let it dry then a polish

and it comes out in the spring clean and shiny. You get a sheet of spare material for repairs (i have repaired two Rips, caused by me,stick the new fabric with spray carpet adhesive) and a couple of spare webbing straps.

can't speak for other Makers. :D

Archived