Strange fridge fault

18 hours ago, Philip M said:

Thanks, It sounds like I've got the right part then. The manual shows the manufacturing date as 201027, I'm not sure how to read this but as the van was made in 2021 might this be October 2020?

I have been using a 6kg refillable Gaslow for the past three years. Originally in my motorhome and now on the Eriba. But because I had a full Flogas bottle, as the problem has unfolded, I have used both variously and in fairly equal amount, and it seems to make no difference to make no difference to the fault. 

Out of interest, is there a later model than the series 5? I believe the RM 5330 is discontinued now, but I don't know when it finished.

201027 would indicate 27 October 2020 - it's a standard format when data are to be sorted into date order. 

The RM-5330 is an over-wheel-arch model and (as onecal as indicated) there is no direct Dometic or Thetford replacement. Online advice is that the Vitrifrigo VTR5070 DG model is the nearest equivalent

https://www.vitrifrigo.com/en_en/3-ways-fridge-freezer-vtr5070-dg-vitrifrigo

but I'm not sure if that's available nowadays either.

Thanks for the information Derek. That makes sense as the van was sold to me as a 2021 model.

I hope I don't finish up replacing the fridge. If the replacement burner doesn't fix it, I've only got the magnet and thermocouple to change and that will have covered pretty much everything. 

Since Dometic original parts are expensive, I wondered if I do replace the magnet and thermocouple if It would be alright to use a generic thermocouple of suitable length as I believe they're all much the same. I'm not so sure as to whether I could get away with the magnet. There are plenty around from £10, but Dometic want upwards of £70 for theirs.

Anyway, do these magnets have a history of failing?

Hi Philip M

I think it would be prudent at this stage since you have carried out the basic steps and to stop the guesswork and just throwing costly parts at it, is to have the unit checked and certified by a qualified Gas engineer who is trained to work on these appliances, who should be able to diagonise your issue by physically checking your appliance and gas supply without just randomly throwing parts at it .  (It may work out cheaper in the end and for safety also) 

Regards