Power Box

Robbie

Power Box  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi folks, just been reading in motorhome mag about "plug and play"Power Box to give extra BHP. Sounds ok but a long way to go to Bridgewater from South Yorks. even for the fifteen minute free fitting service, so wondered if anybody knows anyone in Yorkshire area who might do the fitting for me if ordered by mail.Regards Ken

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-09-15 6:11 PM There is an insurance implication too, I would think. I had a chip removed from my Skoda (no jokes please - best car I've ever had) when I bought it, because, although apparently virtually undetectable it would have to be declared when I insured the car, thus increasing the cost.

My wife currently has a Nissan X-Trail, which I bought as, up to a year ago, we towed a caravan. Within reason she can have any car she wants (not bragging Donna, it's just a fact! I'd happily buy her a fancy convertible if she wanted one!) but she tells me that she wants something smaller and simpler.

Her first car, back in 1970, was a Renault 4, which she loved and she'd really like something along similar lines and the nearest I can find is a Skoda Roomster! We'll be going to look at one in the next few days but let me tell you, I'm a car nut and read all the reports and Skoda is coming near the top of every customer satisfaction survey, as are its dealers.

As for chips, when my partner chipped his car we reported it beforehand to our insurer who noted the alteration and didn't charge us a penny extra. I've a fleet policy so maybe that helped but all I know is that they weren't in the least bothered.

But it's a foolish person who fits one and doesn't tell, as they will then declare the policy void.

caraprof - 2007-09-15 7:53 PM

Her first car, back in 1970, was a Renault 4, which she loved and she'd really like something along similar lines and the nearest I can find is a Skoda Roomster! We'll be going to look at one in the next few days but let me tell you, I'm a car nut and read all the reports and Skoda is coming near the top of every customer satisfaction survey, as are its dealers.

We've had four Skodas and been pleased with all of them. One of our sons had a couple of Favorits and then got an Astra because he wanted something different - he changed that for a Skoda Fabia estate earlier this year. Second son had a Favorit estate a few years ago which was fine until somebody wrote it off by smashing into it whilst it was stationary.The only reason we don't have a Skoda now is that we needed something which would double as a van so bought a Citroen Berlingo Multispace a few years ago. I've looked at the Roomster (which has come out since we bought the Berlingo) - very nice but a bit less space than the Berlingo.Graham

Archived