Chausson reversing sensors

DonB

i have a 2015 Chausson 717GA Welcome on a Transit base. I am having problems with my reversing sensors. There is no 12 volt power getting to the audible alarm, so I suspect fuse blown. I have checked all Chausson installed fuses, all OK. Fords and Chausson wiring diargrams do not seem to show a sensor circuit. Does anybody know which Ford circuit and fuse it might be on? I am not an electrical expert but I find Fords generic diagrams very hard to understand. Thanks, Don B

This image is of the rear bumper of a 2015 Chausson Welcome 717GA and clearly shows the 4 reversing sensors.

image.jpeg.ffd82ae1149287c88929a8bafab75e85.jpeg

This motorhome is Fiat Ducato-based rather than Ford Transit-based and, as the reversing sensors are on this model (and on other contemporary Chausson models) on both bases, it seems likely that the reversing sensor system is an element of the Chausson conversion process.

4 hours ago, DonB said:

i have a 2015 Chausson 717GA Welcome on a Transit base. I am having problems with my reversing sensors. There is no 12 volt power getting to the audible alarm, so I suspect fuse blown. I have checked all Chausson installed fuses, all OK. Fords and Chausson wiring diargrams do not seem to show a sensor circuit. Does anybody know which Ford circuit and fuse it might be on? I am not an electrical expert but I find Fords generic diagrams very hard to understand. Thanks, Don B

Hi 

I am suprised as they are usally wired via the same fuse!  Check your secondary fusebox for a blown fuse If not blown check your wiring for continuity and repair any damage to same or connections and also the alarm unit itself for good connections    As they were installed by your builder of your motorhome as Derek has pointed out they are a standard fitment but just may have been after market fitment made if rear bumper has been damaged or alarm failure in the past  The fuse may be in the battery compartment or close to the ignition switch. Have a look at your Chausson 717GA owners manual for guidence . Some have an over ride switch fitted to turn off if towing . Turning on this usally solves the issue 

Regards 

Assuming  that rear parking-sensors systems were being installed at the Chausson factory, as these were being fitted to motorhomes based on Fiat Ducato AND Ford Transit chassis, it's not unreasonable to think that a Fiat 71803466 kit might have been used.

Installation (on a DUCATO panel-van) is described here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H63UK3aiVjM

and the hardcopy fitting instructions can be viewed here

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2568657/Mopar-71803466.html?page=54#manual

Historically, retro-fitting rear parking-sensors involved taking 12V power directly from the vehicle's reversing light (that's the way I did it with a Ford Transit-based Herald Templar motorhome back in Year 2000). So, if a fuse protecting the reversing light fails, the reversing light will not illuminate and, consequently, the parking-sensor system will also not operate. 

It looks like a similar 'reversing light connection' method is used for the 71803466 kit, so the first thing to check is whether DonB's Chausson's reversing-light works.

OK, you'll need to track down the control-unit ''black box' that (in your Chausson's case) will presumably be powered from the reversing light's wiring.

If there is 12V power at the control-unit, but the audible alarm is not sounding when the system should be working, it's likely that the now-9-years-old control-unit has developed a fault.

(As you have established that there is no 12V power at the audible alarm, did you confirm that the audible alarm will sound when 12V is applied to it?)

Hi 

Is the alarm (audible) working when disconnected and an independant 12v supplied to it (for a test) 

Have you front sensors fitted?  Were the original rear sensors replaced ?

Regards

Edited by onecal