Ford Duetto Grey Waste Outlet Hose

billbaillie

On my Ford Duetto, the waste outlet tap is 22mm Diameter and I can't find any suitable hose to connect to this tap to drain the waste.

On some sites there is no facility to 'drive over' waste deposit points, so I doo need to connect a hose on occassions to drain.

Can anyone help with sourcing a suitable hose or some form of connector to connect this 22mm dia tap outlet to a normal 3/4" hose for example.

I've been searching for weeks now with no success.

I just bought one of those square black (in colour) waste containers saves having to move the van if on site for a few days anyway and

it gives the OH some exercise moving the waste water and keeps him out of mischief.

It travels wrapped up in the bathroom and we have a Duetto too.

A funnel on a piece of hose and a 5 litre container is fine. We have stayed on Abbey Wood for up to 5 nights filling up and emptying this way.

Have thought of hosepipe too but haven't got round to it. I will keep an eye on this and copy/cheat lol.

Methinks I should have patented this idea *-)

Seriously though, my outlet tap on the grey waste tank is situated way underneath the 'van and necessitates me lying on my back to reach it, so I am looking at rigging up something more permanently accessible.

Must have originally been designed by a man :D

J9
My old van was like that - tap way under 'van.
I took tank off, removed existing tap, connected a solid plastic wate pipe to it, fed it to rear of van (under step) and put a tap there. Saved me lots of dirty clothes and sore knees. Got all the bits I neede from CAK Tanks to do this.
Hope this helps give you some ideas.

Cheers

Hi we use a shallow bucket that is much wider than it is tall so it sits nicely under the van..got it from a DIY shop for only £1 8-) 8-)

People who have seen us us it on sites often comment how useful it seems. I know we have to carry it to the nearest drain but we can drain a little waste each time and still get excercise....which I do need :$ :$ :$

J9withdogs - 2007-09-19 9:02 PM

Well, thank him kindly for your good looks then >:-) 8-) :D

We use a collapsible bucket to drain the grey waste into.

For filling the fresh water tank, if not near a tap, we have a 20 litre plastic jerrycan which I transport on a light, collapsible trolley. The van has a power socket next to the filler cap and came with a submersible pump for that very purpose.

Walking to/from the drain and fresh tap is no hassle.

Graham

GJH - 2007-09-20 2:57 PM

Graham

Not me, you plonker - the position of the drain tap

:D

Bucket idea wouldn't work for me 'cus the dogs would drink it and probably be a bit poorly (lol)

J9withdogs - 2007-09-20 3:45 PM

Graham

Not me, you plonker - the position of the drain tap

:D

Why? Is the drain tap position good looking then? (lol) (lol) See, we men think of everything - functional and beautifully designed :D

J9withdogs - 2007-09-20 3:45 PM

Bucket idea wouldn't work for me 'cus the dogs would drink it and probably be a bit poorly (lol)

That's just an extra incentive to empty the bucket straight away :D

Graham

Does your waste outlet end at the valve flange or is there a short stub pipe after the valve? I have a short rigid stub pipe 42 mm OD so I went to B&Q and bought some flexible plastic domestic waste pipe and fittings. This enables me to reach drains about 1 metre from the side of the van. I also now carry a watering can (fresh water) and a waster master (grey water) which I use if there is no MV Service Point or when it is too much probelm to move the van. Hope you find an equally fexible solution.

For filling the fresh water tank, if not near a tap, we have a 20 litre plastic jerrycan which I transport on a light, collapsible trolley. The van has a power socket next to the filler cap and came with a submersible pump for that very purpose.

Walking to/from the drain and fresh tap is no hassle.

Graham

The only trouble with Graham's setup is that in a Duetto you have to really choose which items to carry due to space constraints. It sounds a really good way to fill up though.

Jana - 2007-09-20 6:29 PM

The only trouble with Graham's setup is that in a Duetto you have to really choose which items to carry due to space constraints. It sounds a really good way to fill up though.

The bucket folds up very small and comes with its own case - about 10 inches diameter and 2 inches deep when packed. The fresh water jerry can is rigid. Not a problem to us as we keep it in the Luton when empty but you can get collapsible ones if space is tight.

Graham

Uncle Bulgaria - 2007-09-20 6:09 PM

I also now carry a watering can (fresh water) and a waster master (grey water) which I use if there is no MV Service Point or when it is too much probelm to move the van. Hope you find an equally fexible solution.

I suppose a Waste Master is probably best if you let the tank drain constantly. With ours, though, we leave the tap closed and I just empty it every day or two (with as many trips to the drain with the bucket as necessary).

Graham

I have a flexible hose similar to those used on Washing Machines.

approx 4ft long and coils down to 6-8" dia. Weigth is minimal

Found mine in a Fair Deal store and it came with 2 x 90degee plastic screwed connectors which matched the 3/4"BSP ball valve fitted on our Bessacarr.

B&Q (theirs seem to be very short) or try any Plumbers Merchant should be able to supply cut to length.

Archived