---

Forester

Guest caraprof

As no one else wants to give you a sensible response I'll try. Do you know where the squeak originates? Is it from the squab or from the base? You can buy a spray, which is silicone based I think and if you spray it around the joints where friction occurs it may stop the squeaking.

Needless to say, keep it off the upholstery!

Here's a link to one product:

http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1380

I'll try my best to answer the 'squeak'!.

box, steel plate on the top, round wooden disc with BBs set in it (to turn seat around), plate of steal fits ontop which then fits by a centre bolt to the seat. (if i remember correctly) & when anyone sits on it it squeals & squeaks with every movement you make (just like the missus lol ) 

Yes Peter, two for the dog on bonfire night and one for the Daughters parrot when it had the trots, but still in mint condition.

Obviously there,s play in the seat, and I dont think wd40/grease is a good idea. As the seat swivels its no good trying anything permanent, so the only thing I can suggest is a wedge of some sort that can easily be pushed in and removed. Not ideal Wayne, but should stop the noise

Good answer howie.

How are you anyway? When you were in hospital i was going to go to your house to see if the 'little lady' wanted for anything but my 'little lady' put a stop to it. he he.

I'll send you some boring picture's of the last 'do' at the w/end we went to.

chopper

Hi Wayne. Had the photos and think i can see the problem with your seat. Until you lose a bit of weight its going to carry on "squealing" just out of protest. Kind of you to think of the "little lady" but I would advise keeping a wide berth at the moment as she,s in a foul mood with a straight left and ask questions later sort of attitude.

Here,s something that will have you hopping up and down though and its that pair of "specials" who failed to rescue that young lad in Wigan from drowning the other day. Not trained for that sort of emergency was the official response and their actions were entirely correct and appropriate by calling and waiting for qualified assistance.

They could not see him or get his exact location in the pond so decided to stand there like a pair of ***** until help arrived. No doubt the Sergeant who did immediatley dive in when he got there will now have the book thrown at him not following the strict guidelines that cover such emergencies, with ranking officers patting themselves on the back that regulations were followed to the letter and no chance of any dirt finding its way on to their impeccable service records.

Sorry to bring this up Wayne, but every time I think of it I feel like throwing up in disgust.

howie what about the young girl who got beat up by 2 cows/sluts/bullies call them what you want it's people (if i can use that word) who will get away with it. I would give them 10years hard labour & make them pay for there keep & on gun crime When is this or any other goverment going to do something about who is behind the gun, IT IS NOT THE GUN it is the person who pulls the trigger. All they have done is to push it underground & make dealers rich like drug dealers.

Rant over, btw I'm used to being hit by the little lady so yours wouldn't be a problem. lol.

This happened a while ago Michele and i,m referring to the inquest that was held last week. Some children were playing by a pond in Wigan and a young girl got into difficulties. Her 10 year old brother jumped in and held her up while the others pulled her out but then found himself out of his depth. Two of those support officers were nearby and came to see what was happening but refused to enter the water as they were not qualified or trained for this sort of emergency and the boy drowned.

I find it beyond belief that they simply stood there waiting for backup while this was going on and according to reports the pond was only 6ft at its deepest.

Interesting to see that not only were they not called to give evidence, but their identities were also withheld, and as I mentioned earlier they were given full backing from their superiors by doing it by the book. Perhaps your hubby could fill you in on the right procedure for such contingencies, although I imagine that like me he finds the whole thing unbelievable.

Well Howie I don't need hubby for this one common sense says that any good person samaritan would jump in and save a child or adult anyone.

Unfortunately the police force is right in the sense that they have no powers of arrest no brains no common sense and no decency .

Thankfully for the force they have not got to pay out if anything happens to a PCSO this is why the police force is now going mad.

So the job gets off with nothing and the right to say oh they done what they were supposed to do call for a regular but make no mistake Howie the PCso's in London make more money than my husband made for years his only increases come with age and rank and lenght of service .

they have a starting pay in London at 26k..

The regulars are now throughly fed up with it all and if you watched panarama last week you would of seen a PC who uses the names Blogg who has gone on the intenet to give his account of everyday life in the police force what a farce.

Most of the regulars have had enough its madness most of the civilians earn straight away what hubby has worked over 20 years for .

So it doesn'yt suprise me in the least my daughter with three years service is senior in her station work that out I asked her the other day how comes that then she said they have left had enough or transfered out of Essex ... :-( I just feel sorry for the Family .

• 10 months later...
howie - 2007-09-20 7:27 PM

Hi Forester and welcome. Technical questions are best posted on the main motorhome forum, but as it so happens I do have three slighty used earplugs I could sell you as a temporary measure for Maggies peace of mind. Hope this helps.

Howie i would just like to thank you for your remarks >:-) >:-) >:-)

now now howie just because your knife is blunt dont class mine as the same it still cuts & it's that big it can still fill a pram (old but good saying ) oh & another thing there is one lovley lady on here will tell you also (guess who ) >:-)

Archived