North/South divide

Vic

Ralph - 2007-09-23 3:34 PM

I'm nothing, if not an abject coward :-S

Come come now Ralph. I'm sure you're just an ordinary everyday Super Hero - just like me :-D

Graham

P.S. I've done the ironing and finished cleaning the bath.

GJH - 2007-09-23 4:01 PM

Come come now Ralph. I'm sure you're just an ordinary everyday Super Hero - just like me :-D

Trouble is, I get through so many shirt buttons! I'd ask a woman to sew them back on for me but I'm scared that Janine might hear (lol)

1023199848_superhero1(WinCE).png.7d3ebd32df91fda64aecea57cf8e5d00.png

Ralph - 2007-09-23 5:00 PM

Trouble is, I get through so many shirt buttons! I'd ask a woman to sew them back on for me but I'm scared that Janine might hear (lol)

I'm sure Janine will offer to sew some velcro on for you to solve the problem :D

Graham

GJH - 2007-09-23 4:01 PM
Ralph - 2007-09-23 3:34 PM I'm nothing, if not an abject coward :-S
Come come now Ralph. I'm sure you're just an ordinary everyday Super Hero - just like me :-D Graham P.S. I've done the ironing and finished cleaning the bath.

Graham

IRONING!!! what's that then??

I go out fly fishing - "Man's work" being hunter gather - I come back home, clothes all done, white shirts hung up ready for work and the house is tidy again!!

Can you or Ralph please explain.

Thai

Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 11:53 AM

IRONING!!! what's that then??

Summat to be done under extreme circumstances :-D
Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 11:53 AM

I go out fly fishing - "Man's work" being hunter gather - I come back home, clothes all done, white shirts hung up ready for work and the house is tidy again!!

Trouble is I don't have any recipes for cooking flying fish :-D Graham

Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 1:42 PM

YUP I've seen the examples of people doing extreme ironing - looks dangerous to me though. Saw one pic of a guy on the side of The Matterhorn

Wonder why somebody painted a picture of a guy on the side of the Matterhorn? 8-) (lol) 8-)

Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 1:42 PM

Cooking flying fish, you can use the same recipes as for any other fish.

I really meant to ask why you went fishing for flies rather than fishing for fish :D

Graham

Graham

Re painting on the Matterhorn. Just like the guy who took his clothes off and jumped into a Cactus bush. When asked why he did it, he replied - "It seemed like a good thing to do at the time" :D:D

Re - Fishing for flies - well I want to get back to basics and let nature help with the waste material rather than use chemicals in the toilet. :D:D

Thai

Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 3:09 PM

Re painting on the Matterhorn. Just like the guy who took his clothes off and jumped into a Cactus bush. When asked why he did it, he replied - "It seemed like a good thing to do at the time" :D:D

Is that the guy they call Spike? :D
Thai Bry - 2007-09-24 3:09 PM

Re - Fishing for flies - well I want to get back to basics and let nature help with the waste material rather than use chemicals in the toilet. :D:D

Well, that's one way to save the planet I suppose :D Graham

Mel B - 2007-09-24 7:15 PM

Graham ... seeing as you're so keen on ironing, did you see the light and easy iron being demonstrated at the York show? Bit pricy at £30 but it certain did the job. Tempted? ;-)

I bought a similar one last year at the Knitting & Stitching Show at Harrogate for £20.

There, that's surprised you hasn't it :D

BTW, I don't knit or stitch, just accompanied Jill to make sure she didn't spend too much :D

Graham

Archived