Gordon Brown

michele

Mick H. When we returned from holiday 5th October I was so insensed to see that fuel had risen by 2:5p.p.l. when it is so much (relatively) cheaper on the continent I penned a strongly worded letter to the P.M. asking for an explaination without a 'party line' 'green' answer as to why we have to pay so much. When (if) I get a reply if you all will indulge me I 'll post the answer for your comments.

Regards, Mike.

The answer is simple - we must pay more so that our government can buy bigger and better whiz bangs in order kill and maim a lot of folk with whom I have no argument. In the pursuit of this practice they will, for each whiz bang fired, generate more nasty substances which will be thrown up into the atmosphere than all of our motorhomes put together will in a lifetime.

Did I vote for this - DID I HECK!!!

But if we had any other government do you think the price of fuel would go down ?

I don't know, but I suspect that MPs can claim for their fuel on expenses, so price to them is of no importance.

They should only be able to claim travel expenses on their use of public transport, that should stabilise fuel prices a bit.

Hand outs to 'the great unwashed', too many benefits to unmarried teenage mothers, too much given as overseas aid, too much spent on 'Quangoes' to name but four ways he 'wastes' the contributions we all work so hard for to lose as direct and indirect taxation!!

Regards, Mike

Guest Tracker
Mike Parke - 2007-10-12 7:43 PM

It does not to that extent but the Conservatives do not seem to take as much from the 'givers' as the Labour Party does.

Regards MIke

You mean the last Tories didn't?

But with the change in the PC and real climate, attitudes towards the ICE have changed to such an extent that I doubt we will get fair treatment from any colour government.

After all who better to target than the ultra soft touch of people who carry their ID on the front and rear ot their box on wheels?

Archived